Chapter 1 - The Awkening

⚠️TW of chapter: slight/implied robot nudity (not much tho, I mean their robots lol), dead bodies, blood

A young bot wakes up with no memories of who or what they are, how they got there or what their doing there, he meets a new friend during all this confusion and wandering.
*******************************************************

The VHS stirs in the player, a faint click could be heard as the old television turns on, and a video plays.

"Welcome new employee! If you are watching this, that means you have been chosen to work for 'Cyber Mind Labs"! The currently biggest tech company in the world, where we specialise in the makings of robots, and AI creation! We would love to have you work under us in this Esteem company, and are proud to announce that you have been chosen to help with the production of our latest creation, say hello to 'The O-" The VHS cuts off into a glitched static, what sounds like screams a cries could be heard as the glitching and static worsens.

Pictures flash on the screen.

A bloodied claw

4 red eyes and a bloodied grin

A torn open skeleton

A cryopod

A name tag reading "Dr. Riley Beta"

"We already have our subject"

"Hello I'm-"

"Your pretty cool ya know that-"

"I think I'm ready to-"

The voices and whispers get louder and louder. A flickering sign of the company displayed on a cracked screen.

Blueprints so torn and dirty they were unrecognisable.

Louder and louder the voices get.

Blood, death, death, and more death, the facility in ruins.

The voices get louder
********************************************

A message appears in it's vision, ever so black. "Systems coming online......pending...........competed!"

Soon it's vision flickers on, they were in a form of case, a clause cylinder, the cylinder opens, they can feel the cold arm hitting them as the air enters the chamber, feel? What is feeling? It felt.....strange.

They gain feeling in their limbs, it felt......nice......they slowly lift their arm, their finger curl around the edge of the pod, the joints of their finger creaking and clicking from finically moving for God knows how long. It takes a small step out and nearly stumbles as they try to walk.

They grab a nearby table for support, their optics looking around the barren area, it looked like a room, the tables in the room looked skew, and messy, bleachers and surgical equipment, one of tables were stained with a red long died liquid.

What was this place? Where is this place? Who were they? What were they? They soon gain their balance and look around, by the pod was a skeleton wearing a white coat and torn open chest, there was a name tag on their coat. 'Dr. Riley Beta' it read.

They look around some more, they see a door, broken off it's hinges what was behind it? They wanted to see. They shakily walk towards the door and walk through the doorway, on the other side was a hallway, littered with skeletons and mechanical corpses, more the red liquid staining the walls, dried from time. What was this place? What happened here?

They ask themselves opener so many questions. They walk through the halls, stepping over and avoiding the bodies that littered their Path, they see something out the corner of their eye, they jump in shock to see their reflection.