1 - A nightmare's tale

|💥|

ANGST TO FLUFF ONESHOT
Enjoy! :]
-chon

| 🔘 ⭕️ |

...

Chosen One snapped his eyes open with a huge breath, jumping up on the bed. His heart pounded, he could hear it thumping, and he felt the cold sweat appear and wash over him like a wave of salty ocean water. He suddenly felt cold, panicked, unstable, unable to get the images out of his head. That chain... and those people he could have been if he was named different. Killer, BEAST... he didn't want to hear about anything related to it.

He hated nightmares.

With a groan, he pulled himself up into a sit, ruffling at the covers. Dark's arm was still firmly around him, and thankfully the red hollowhead stick was still deep asleep, to his suprise. It was like whenever Dark had no problems with sleeping, Chosen would suddenly acquire them and be unable to proceed into deep slumber. Even blank sleep was better than whatever this was. He looked around the room to ease his slight paranoia, still on edge. The room was dark as expected, only the moonlight seeping in through the blinds. No figures. Phew.

Well, Chosen wasn't one to hallucinate either way, he just needed to put his mind to rest. One soon felt Dark's hands pulling at his shirt to lay him down, not resisting and letting himself fall back onto the bed with a sigh. He stared at the ceiling blankly without much purpose, unable to close his eyes either.

...

" Mm... "

Dark's groans filled the room as he wrapped his arms tighter around the figure sleeping beside him, his eyes flickering and opening with difficulty. He was still deeply tired, but he felt the difference in energy and immediately knew the hollowhead by him wasn't dead asleep like usual.

" Cho? " Dark called out with a groggy and quiet tone.

" ...Yeah?"

Dark recognized that monotone yet uneasy tone. Another nightmare.

The man gently scooted up closer to Chosen One, cuddling up to him before forcing himself to wake up, beginning to speak.

"Another nightmare?"

"...Maybe."

"...Guess you are also becoming chosen in the means of insomnia."

Chosen snarled before it turned into a dry chuckle, Dark giggling along. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Says the one who wakes up at 5 am everyday like some psycho..."

Dark rolled his eyes, pressing his head against the warmth of the other stickfigure's chest. "If I didn't get up to make breakfast, you would have long starved. And I wouldn't ever let you back into the kitchen again."

"For good reason, of course." The red hollowhead added, earning a sigh from Chosen.

"Wouldn't want me to almost burn the house down?" "Yeah. Obviously."

"Understood... Gotta appreciate it." He responded before letting out a deep yawn. His and Dark's conversation was starting to make him drowsy.

"Yeah, you better." Lord spoke then looked over at One, who's blinking was getting heavy.

"Is The Chosen One suddenly tired? You were soo awake a second ago."

"Oh shut up..." "Pfft."

Chosen shuffled and kicked his legs lightly, pulling up the duvet more towards himself. Dark just moved along, since he could already see that the hollowhead was getting comfortable enough to venture off into the land of his empty dreams again.

"Sleep well, dumbass." Lord muttered out quietly, Chosen's response being a mere mumble followed by another yawn.

Dark Lord threw his leg over Chosen's under the covers, the cold wind blowing in through the left open window as always. Chosen was now having his back face him while he drifted off, but Dark didn't really mind, scooping the taller man and digging his face into that black, fluffy and long hair, then into Chosen's shoulder.

The man gently and caringly rubbed the black hollowhead's arm, reaching his other hand back to the alarm to turn it off. Dark wasn't planning on getting up at 5 am. Breakfast can always wait if he wanted to stay in bed with the sleepy Chosen a bit more.

The gentle click of the alarm being turned echoed from the nightstand, and Dark took his hand back before putting it around Chosen One and eased him down further. Quietly pulling the man closer, he murmured.

"Love you."

He soon fell asleep himself, soaking in both his partner's and the duvet's warmth.

...

| 🔘 ⭕️ |