➤ hunter exam ii.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 of them walked through the Doreh Harbor with the advice they got from the Captain. The shortcut to the exam site was supposedly by a tree located at the top of the Mountain. 

"That's weird," Leorio put a finger on his chin as he examined a map of the city. "Look, the district of Zaban, where the exam site is located, is a big city that's not even listed on the map. So there really is no reason to head towards a mountain in the opposite direction. There's a bus that goes directly to Zaban. We might just end up wasting our time. Maybe the Captain was mistaken?"

"I'm still gonna go," Gon announced. "I'm certain there must've been a reason."

"Gon, you should learn to be somewhat suspicious of others," Leorio argued. "I recommend you take the bus.

Gon ignored him, however, and continued his journey towards the tree. (M/n), followed suit. He trusted the Captain's words. He could sense by his aura that he was truthful and meant no harm.

Seeing (M/n) and Gon leave, Kurapika began walking with them, leaving Leorio dumbfounded.

"Hey, Kurapika!"

"It's not really the Captain's advice. I'm more interested in what those two do," Kurapika stated. "I'm going to tag along with them."

Leorio muttered words under his breath and left. However, about 5 minutes later, Leorio was seen running to catch up to the three while shouting things like, 'wait!' and 'don't just leave me out!'

(M/n)'s lip curved to a small smile upon hearing Leorio's pleads. 

After what felt like hours of walking, the four teens made it to a torn and messy village. (M/n) examined every crack and corner of the place, finding it absolutely demolished.

"This place is a bit creepy," Leorio muttered. "There's not a single person in sight."

"But...there are a lot of people here, right?" Gon questioned.

"Yes," Kurapika answered. "We should stay alert."

"What? How do you know that?" Leorio searched the area frantically, not seeing a soul. "(M/n), do you see people?" He asked, thinking he was going crazy.

(M/n) shook his head. "No, but I can hear them breathing." His soft voice echoed through their ears.

"Can't you, Leorio?" Kurapika asked, shaking off the thoughts he developed from just hearing a voice.

"And the rustling of clothes," Gon added. "I guess they're hiding."

"Hmph. Sure." Leorio said in a grumpy tone. "I'm just a normal human so I have no idea."

At that very moment, all the people they had supposedly heard came into view. The people had on masks that freaked (M/n) out a bit. An old lady stood in front of them all, as if their leader.

"Doki doki..." She said, making (M/n) blink in confusion. "DOKI DOKI TWO CHOICE QUIZ!"

They all sweat dropped at the sudden outburst by her, but continued to listen to her ramble.

"You fellas...headed toward the tree on the top of the mountain, right? It's not possible to get reach that point unless you pass through through this town. The other paths up the mountain are labyrinths, and on top of that, they are the territories of ferocious demon beasts."

"I will present to you just one question," She raised her pointer finger. "You only have five seconds to answer. If you are wrong, you will be immediately disqualified and you will not be able to take the hunter exam this year."