Chapter Five

(TW for mention of death. Also, bulling/ homophobia.)

Oli vaguely heard Azar yelling about something being on fire and several screams, coupled with frantic shrieking, but at that point he'd slipped too much to really care. All he was thinking about was making it back to the dungeons. As soon as the door swung open, Oli sank quietly into the couch, burying his face in his hands. Severus had heard the door open and called.

"Oliver, is that you?"

"Yeah."

"What are you doing down here? You have class right now."

"Professor Flitwick gave me a pass. I was having a hard time keeping it together."

Severus came out of his potions lab and went over to sit with Oli. He wrapped his arm around Oli's shoulders and squeezed him.

"I understand if you don't want to talk right now, but I would like it if you did before dinner."

Oli nodded and closed his eyes. Occasionally, his PTSD would make his head hurt, and it seemed that this was one of those times. Severus just silently put his arm around him and ran his fingers slowly through their hair. Not too much later, Theo came into the living room, looking much better than he had that morning. He sat down next to Oli and held his hand. Oli looked even more pale and drawn than he had when he'd first come down. Severus could tell that they were going to have to let this particular episode just run its course, but he still felt bad about it, little spikes of sadness and a melancholic frustration stuck in his mind as Oliver's breathing shook.

"Oliver, look at me. Remember to breathe. In for four, hold for seven, out for eight, hold for four, repeat." Theo reminded him.

Oli did this, and soon had his breathing back under control.

"I... why am I like this? Practically nothing happened to set me off, and yet, here we are. I get too stressed about such small things. I... I can't keep living like this, it's- too much. I-I can't lose either of you, it would hurt too much, and you- Theo, you need to stop drinking, it won't help any of us. And Dad... I am bullied every day. Every fucking day. I... I need help. I need my dad and brother."

Neither Severus nor Theo responded for a moment, each thinking about that.

"Oliver, you will not lose me, okay? I know I need to stop drinking, that I need to cope differently. I know how hard it will be to fight the urge, but as long as I have you and Dad, I know I can. I promise this to you, brother."

"We can help you, Oliver. We love you, and you won't lose me either." Severus assured them. "If you wish, I can speak to Professor Dumbledore about the bullying, though I fear I cannot do much about Dolores."

Theo pulled Oliver toward him, and wrapped them in a tight hug. Severus shifted his weight before pulling his wand from his robes, flicking it and summoned a Draught of Peace from his potions cabinet. Oliver tipped it into his mouth, letting the sweet, cool liquid slide down his throat. Upon taking it, he immediately felt better; the color returned to his face and his eyes focused.

"Do you feel able to go to class? You only have two more after lunch." Severus asked.

"Yeah, I think I can. Thank you, Dad."

"Of course, if you need anything, just call me." Both Severus and Theodore reminded Oliver, close to simultaneously.

Oli made their way out and went back to the charms classroom to see utter chaos; Charms had ended. Or, been abandoned once Peeves the Poltergeist got involved. Apparently he thought the flying ornaments, candles, and Jack-o-Lanterns were absolutely hilarious, especially the flaming ones, shouting and singing something about how lovely it was that 'Azar Pyro' was once again causing mass bedlam.