Chapter 2

Back in Glamorous Hall, chaos reigned. Sect leaders and their families were trying to come to grips with what they had just seen. Wei Wuxian wasn't some wicked demonic cultivator hell bent on conquering the world. No, he was young man who gave his core away, turned to demonic cultivation only out of desperation, fought in a war to keep them safe, was then his reputation was destroyed and he was painted to be enemy of the cultivation world, then cast out and not listened to when he rescued the Wen remnants.

He had children of his own! He was one of the blessed few males who could carry and cultivate children, and he had bore two lan heirs and was now carrying a third. He had been right all along when he accused them of defeating Wen Ruohan only to cement another tyrant as their leader. He tried his hardest to protect his family, broken apart by war and politics. He had left one family to keep them safe, and now he was unable to provide for his current family. He was so starved that he could not even produce milk for his baby.

He could not even provide basic necessities such as food or adequate housing for his family, yet he continued to do his best. He was not the evil, wicked monster; they were the ones who had turned their back on the truth and had allowed innocents to be captured and imprisoned.

Lan Wangji had fallen into his chair, looking visibly dazed. Tears lined his eyes as he processed what he heard and saw.

‘Wei Ying loves me. He is dying. We have two children, and he is pregnant with our third. He did not even want me to sleep with him a third time, and He has refused to let me see my children. He knows we are married and actively chose it. He was raped and he is dying. He has always loved me. He thinks I wanted to imprison him in Gusu, I just wanted him to be safe.’

Lan Qiren marched up and slapped him hard, breaking him out of his musings. Shocked, the room fell deathly silent and waited to see what Lan Qiren had to say, the man who notoriously despised Wei Wuxian.  

“You! I raised you better than that! You married Wei Wuxian and then refused to acknowledge it without even asking him or telling him you were marrying him? You let him suffer and never helped him? You slept with him three times, impregnated him three times but never followed through on your duties as a spouse and father? If you hated him that much, you could have gotten it annulled immediately, but no, my coward of a nephew had to refuse even that courtesy to the one he married.

Now, you have fathered two children and left them to struggle in that wasteland, leaving your spouse pregnant with your third child that he did not even want, and your actions are now probably going to take the only parent they have known away from them?! You only slept with him when drunk?! How do you know that you did not force yourself on him and he wanted these children?! Wei Wuxian is more honorable than I thought to not expose your dishonorable actions to the world.

I am ashamed of you, Lan Wangji. If you loved him, you would have told him and supported him, not this apathy that you have exhibited. You will be punished for this reprehensible behavior. You will apologize to both Yunmeng Jiang and Wei Wuxian, provided he is still alive when we get there and you will do everything they demand to make amends for your actions.

By the paperwork, Young master Wei has divorced you and married his brother in an attempt to protect himself and his children from you. If Young Master Wei chooses to maintain his divorce you, you will do so; if he chooses to remarry you, it will be on his terms. Provided, of course, he survives to be able to.

If not, then you will respect his decision about your children as you have no say in this as you failed in your duties as a spouse.” Grandmaster Lan nearly shouted, looking absolutely furious, Lan Xichen looking both shocked, heartbroken, and understanding of the situation.