Chapter Nineteen: The New Life of Ryan Jarrid

The moment we got back to the school we walked him to the non-human infirmary, specifically the trauma room. Where one of the school's doctors was always waiting, given how often young Demons tried to kill each other on a regular basis. It was Elizebeth who was around five-foot six, currently in her Nekoriana form, her fur was the same shade of a raven's feathers, the maroon and navy tints shimmering brightly against it's black under the harsh medical lights, her tail was short by their standards, about a foot and half, with piercing canary yellow eyes looking the boy over instantly assessing him. 

 For the most part Elizebeth appeared female. However, Nekomanius weren't like humans. As Nekomanius had more than two recognized genders, and had their own cultural terms for every type. Elizebeth's gender was known as S'hivra and didn't fit into either male or female either mentally or biologically. It was true that S'hivra were closer to females, but they also shared some traits with males, well biologically speaking at least. She was dressed in a typical emergency room doctor's garbs, which in her case included a specially designed hair net for her tail and face.

"Quickly now." Elizebeth spoke turning to Nill'ia expecting her to be the nurse right now, with someone this close to death she preferred someone she didn't need to bark orders at to get the point across.

She nodded and went to give him blood transfusion. But the moment she tried to push the I.V. into his arm a golden Clipeum ignited around the boy's whole body.

"What in Hades name?" Sammy asked, a Nephilim with no training with a Clipeum was completely unheard of.

Suddenly we felt it, the room turned cold as a Death Portal opened up.

It appeared to be an eggplant purple ring; within the circle sat a spinning vortex of pitch-black smoke, unlike other Teleportation spells it was deathly silent, but on the same hand where most portals had little to no effect on the area around them Death Portals drained the area around them from every source of heat, turning the room colder than most crypts. It was why often people felt cold when they watched someone die. Not to mention unlike other Teleportation-Spells, no Barrier-Spell could stop them, no matter how powerful the spell may be. Only an Anima Carceris could stop such a spell as far as I'm aware. 

 Nicolas Flamel had managed to create an artificial one with his philosopher's stone, in the hopes it would make him immortal. Instead, after his death, he was a ghost trapped in a small three-foot bubble around the stone for near a decade before anyone had actually noticed the creation of such an area, given how small it was. Azarol, the ruler of the Death Realm, had collected the ghost himself. To his surprise the man had still retained his cognizance and had unlike most mortals known he was dead from day one which typically, if a person found out they were dead incorrectly ended badly. He then, if rumors are to be believed, proceeded to curse out the God of death himself for being late.

Emerging from it was a girl, she had to be no more than eighteen in appearance. Once a human, like any other of her kind, she was now a Death Maiden. Only a female human who herself had died a violent death could be a Death Maiden, as it took a very certain kind of mind set to escort someone to the afterlife, with all manner of injuries, without alerting them that they were dead, all while at the same time providing them with the comfort they needed to travel to the appropriate after life. Only someone with the mind-set of a mother could do such a thing.

As for how one was created, she had gone through Spiritual reincarnation. Something which only humans could go through. Unlike standard Reincarnation, which could bring any being people from the brink of death but could do nothing once they were dead, humans could become something else once their spirit has passed into the afterlife. Thus, becoming corporal again. This was called Spiritual reincarnation.