Good Morning

In the morning. I woke up to the smell of french toast, eggs and something else. I soon got tackled by Parker and he tried to lick my face. I felt like I woke up from a horrible nightmare, turns out it wasn't a nightmare.

Nick soon came in with a tray of food. He sets it down and tried to move Parker way from me. Just so Parker doesn't eat it. I looked at the tray and saw french toast, bacon, eggs and some cut up strawberries.

"Good morning, M! I was worried about you." Nick said with a smile. He dusted his hands off.

I moved to sit up more and Nick helped me out. I sighed softly and began to eat the food. It actually wasn't so bad. Nick was a pretty bad cook, trust me.

"When did you learn to cook?" I asked.

"I learned from my sister." He said with a smile before he rubs the back of his head. "About last night...I'm really sorry."

I nodded and he continued talking after that. Telling me what to do and how to deal with it all. He apologized like a handful of times. I accepted his apologies as it seemed like the situation was out of our control. So, my father's killer might be found after all these years "fun".

Now, all this talk about my father is probably making you wonder where my mom is. Honesty, I don't know either. I never met her, she left right after I turned 2. My dad raised me on his own. Until, his passing then my grandma took care of me.

Me and Nick talked a little longer. Just about how our lives our going minus the new information. Nick got a promotion at his job, he works for the FBI. That's how he knew the case was reopened.

I ate breakfast, but I still had this aching feeling in my stomach. I had many questions filling my head. Like; why was Nick sent here? Is my dad alive? What or who reopened my dad's case? Was he actually murder? This whole time I thought it was an accident.

My father was a very reasonable and likeable guy. He was never mean or disrespectful. As far as I knew, everyone gotten along with him. He never made any enemies. He worked 2 jobs to try and give me the best life possible. Whoever killed my father was a monster.

"Oh! When you're done eating. I want you to come with me to work. I want you to meet everyone working on your fathers case." Nick was looking at me as I finished my plate.

I nodded and Nick took the tray. Parker followed him as the 2 boys left my room. I took the opportunity to get ready and dress decently. It didn't take long until I heard knocking on my door. Luckily, I was finished getting ready.