"Mad World"

It had been some time since the incident occurred. Fontaine was dealing with hard decisions that had serious consequences. The unexpected attack led to hatred towards the Fatui. Y/n spent numerous hours at work, guarding the city and stalking suspicious figures. Eventually, she got tired and had a brief break at a bar. She got a glass of wine and sighed. Y/n looked around. The bar was empty, only her and the bartender.

"So what's up with Fontaine?" The boss asked."I have only been out for two weeks, and now everything seems soulless."

Y/n slightly nodded. "Hard troubles we are dealing with. I hope this all ends soon." 

With a nod of approval from the boss, he proceeded to tidy up a few empty glasses, coinciding with the entrance of a mysterious woman. She sat down next to Y/n and ordered a glass of whiskey. While the boss was busy, she broke the silence with a sharp stare. Y/n noticed and stared back at her killer-red eyes. 

"Greetings, miss," She said with a calm and sharp tone. "It appears that you are engaging in self-destructive behavior through excessive drinking. May I inquire about the source of your distress?" Y/n gazed at her blankly and then rolled her eyes. "Hm, nice observation. Are you here to take me somewhere?" She got straight to the point. 

The woman widened her eyes a little but then chuckled. "Not at all, I don't even know you. What made you think that?" She smiled sheepishly. Y/n didn't answer and just called for the boss to refill the glass with red wine. The mysterious woman rested her cheek on her palm and looked at Y/n silently. 

"What makes you think that you're special, dear Y/n?" This made Y/n widen her eyes and look at the bar table. She didn't answer, her face went pale. She felt ill out of a sudden and wanted to disappear. The mysterious woman noticed her sudden gesture and smiled. "Don't worry I'm not here to hurt you, I just want to run some errands with you." This caught Y/n's attention. 

"Who are you?" She said sharply. She started to notice the shivers on her back, her head started hurting from the alcohol, everything seemed blurry. The woman straightened her posture and sipped her whiskey. "The Knave. Pleasures all mine." She gave y/n a nod and smiled in a calm demeanor. Y/n got lost in her thoughts, she reminded her of that one woman who was negotiating with the magicians. "You're with the fatui, aren't you?" Y/n asked directly. The knave thought for a moment but then nodded. "Yes, but I'm here to clear this mess."  Y/n looked at her with skepticism and raised an eyebrow in response. "But why me out of all?" 

The knave sighed and smiled. "I suggest that you leave Fontaine as soon as possible, politely speaking."

Y/n looked at her confused and sipped her wine. She tried to understand what she meant but didn't get an answer. "Why?" She leaned closer to the Knave. She looked at the figure with a mix of confusion and curiosity in her eyes.

The Knave looked at her with a death stare. "Failure to comply will result in significant repercussions." Y/n expression turned into a smug one. "Ah, so what awaits me? Let me guess...Death? Boring." She said in a drunken voice. The knave looked at her with no emotion and then stood up to leave. "Just mark my words, Y/n." The woman silently, like a cat, walked out of the tavern and left her alone. There was only a tip left that y/n didn't notice that the Knave placed. She just shrugged and continued drinking.  

The next morning she woke up with a huge fever. She saw Navia sitting on her bed-side and shouting at her, but she didn't seem to care. She just thought about one thing - how the hell did she get home?

" FOR THE ARCHONS SAKE, Y/N, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?! I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU. YOU ARE SO UNPREDICTABLE AND IT'S HURTING ME!!!" Her voice boomed throughout the bedroom. Y/n stared at the ceiling and didn't say a thing, she just existed. "I'm truly embarrassed for you. Monsieur Neuvillette had to carry your drunken body to the apartment. If I had my crush do that I would probably move to Liyue or Snezhnaya!" Y/n's eyes widened and she quickly sat up. " What?!" Navia's eyebrows furrowed. " ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME??" Y/n quickly got out of her bed and ran into the bathroom. "Are you okay?" Navia immediately changed her tone to a caring one upon hearing Y/n's melodic vomiting. After some time she came out of the bathroom. Her skin was very pale and she was heating up. "Not again, oh my days." Navia groaned. She got up from the bed and walked up to Y/n. She placed her palm on her forehead and gasped.

Y/n lay in her messy bed. She felt very weak and couldn't move a muscle. Navia was by her side all that day. Y/n has always been resilient, but this time she just couldn't. As the days went by, she gradually regained her strength. Y/n looked in the mirror and just stared at herself. "I'm just like Raskolnikov, aren't I?" She laughed to herself and then started dressing up for work. 

She was patrolling around, but then suddenly remembered something important - the woman from last time. Casually strolling through the city streets, she appeared as terrifying as always. Y/n straightened her posture and looked away. She swiftly ran to a dark corner to hide from her. Y/n hugged her musket and sighed. "Damn her, what did she mean tho?" She thought to herself. The silence was broken when Neuvillette suddenly appeared from behind her back. 

"Morning, dear Y/n. How is your well-being?" He said in that classical gentle tone he wore. 

Y/n jumped and gasped a little. She didn't expect him to be in broad daylight. "Huh, Monsieur Neuvillette! I didn't expect you here, haha." She tried to keep calm, but then saw the Knave's striking gaze on her. She gulped before looking up at Neuvillette. He noticed her abrupt change in mood and looked with caring eyes. "Are you quite alright, my dear?" He inquired nonchalantly, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. This situation caused Y/n to feel overwhelmed and desire to disappear. 

"Yes, yes I'm fine. I-I need to be somewhere-" As she finished the sentence, a couple of guards jumped to her and pushed Y/n to the ground.  "Refrain from moving, miss Y/n" The guards yelled out. "What the - what's happening" She thought to herself. The guards noticed Neuvillette looking at them with confusion. "May I inquire about the current state of affairs?" The guards nodded. "The individual has been apprehended for the execution of an innocent individual. We must press charges." Neuvillette raised an eyebrow. " Information source?" The guards pointed at a young woman with blonde hair and green eyes. Neuvillette looked at her skeptically and sighed. "Is this true, Y/n?" She didn't answer cause she was in utter shock. She wanted to die at this exact moment. 

Neuvillette was left standing alone as the guards restrained her and departed. At that precise moment, rain began to fall. Gradually, the rain intensified, transforming into a heavy downpour accompanied by flashes of lightning. 

(Guys, go read Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky. If you have read it, then you'll get the joke I made.)

(Also this chapter is just something. I tried.)

(ALMOST 2k WOHOO. Thank you. I never knew that my stories could pique people's interest.))