• 7

Velvet's bed was something else.

Like seriously, that must've been the most comfortable bed you've slept in — or you haven't been getting enough sleep lately.

You wanted to sleep more, but the intriguing smell of breakfast tickled your nose. When you sat up on the bed, Velvet was nowhere to be seen. You figured that she was in the kitchen, so you didn't think too much about it. But there was one thing lingering in your mind...

Besides Velvet and Veneer, you haven't spoken to any of your close friends lately. Your friends Orchid and Summer were the people you loved most. The three of you went back, friends when you were in diapers. Grabbing your phone off the nightstand, you shot them both a quick text and they immediately responded. Before you responded, you decided to say good morning to the twins.

Getting out of the comfortable bed, you adjusted Velvet's robe that was wrapped around you, and you left the bedroom.

"Well, look who's awake." Veneer grinned, looking at you with his elbow on the counter. Velvet's attention quickly shifted from her phone to you, and she smiled.

"How was your sleep?" She purred, grabbing a mug off the table and handing it to you. It was your favorite, hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows. You couldn't help but grin.

"It was good." You stirred the hot chocolate with a wooden stick, sitting down in one of the grey bar stools placed next to Velvet. "Probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in."

"Well, that's good, because we have a lot to do today." Velvet took a bite of her omelet and twirled her hair. "We have to do a concert gig, about three thousand people will be there. It's kind of short notice but we're getting paid good."

"Oh-" You sighed, rubbing your arm. "I was going to ask if I can take a raincheck today, I've been really busy and I haven't spent time with my friends. I miss them."

Velvet looked at you with confusion, letting a laugh escape from her mouth. "You can't take a raincheck. You work for us. Twenty-four seven. " She finished her omelet and put the plate in the sink. "But I can give them backstage passes."

"Can I at least go to a quick brunch with them? And have the backstage passes?" You swallow hard, looking into Velvet's eyes pleadingly. After a few moments of silence, she finally gave a nod of approval.

"Be fast." Velvet applied some lipgloss, puckering her lips in the hallway mirror. "You need to do my hair, and makeup, and help me get into my outfit. And we need to get to the venue two hours early."

You quickly ran up to Velvet, wrapping your arms around her and pulling her into a hug. "You're the best, you're the best, you're the best!"

"Yeah, I know." She pulled you away from her, waving her hand dismissively. "Go get ready, there's an outfit for you on the bed."

After accidentally getting thrown to the ground from the excitement of your friends, the three of you sat in the most bustling brunch place in Mount Rageous.

You weren't really hungry since you'd eaten before you came, but you were thirsty so you decided to get an iced tea. Orchid and Summer were the opposite and had no remorse as they sat next to each other, holding one huge menu, and ordering every meal they saw. You assumed because it was you that would be paying for it.