Butterfly

•||Prolouge||•

My heart stops, right there. "Oh," I whsiper to my best friend, Laura. "He's...stunning." Laura cocks her head and nods, with a shrug. The new boy scans the class, and his eyes stop on me. I stare back at him, and those royal blue eyes.

"How are his eyes so...blue?" I say in a hushed voice. Laura sighs.

"Pay attention, Fel..."

Mrs. Terrance introduces him to the class, and my hands are shaking. I keep darting my eyes from the new boy to the teacher. "What's his name, Laura?"

"Ethan Armstrong." With my ADHD, it's hard for me to sit still and pay attention most of the time. I'm failing most of my classes because of it, but I've been working to improve it.

Ethan comes and sits in the desk next to me, and gives me a weak smile. "I-I'm Felicity," I stutter nervously, tugging on one of my many long, dark chocolate curls.

"Hi, Felicity. I'm Ethan." His voice gives me chills, the warm kind, down my spine.

I sigh, "Where are you from, Ethan? What school did you go to?" He laughs quietly, as if I told him a lame joke. I feel my heart speed up.

"Shh, pay attention, Felicity. Mrs. Terrance is teaching your very lovely eleventh grade class."

I stare straight at the board, but my head keeps flicking to the side. Ethan glances at me catiously. "Are you alright? Calm down..." he whispers.

It takes all my willpower to even START calming down. Ethan is soo cute, and all laid-back. Would he ever like me?

--------------------------------

Ever since I moved to Miami Beach, I went to Costal Shorline High School, or, CSHS. I moved from a city in England, during the summer when I was 13. My mother was so eager to go for a swim, considering she loved beaches and had heard Miami beaches were the best.

It was the best, I must say. We went so much I got a dark tan and light blonde highlights. It's been 4 years now, and my tan is completely gone, but my dark hair still has faded blonde in it. Over the 4 years I learned all about America, and how they talk. I've lost my accent totally.

I have my friends close by, and my mother, but I've never had a crush. Ethan is terribly stunning and brilliant in the eyes of teachers, I wonder how anyone couldn't like the majestic Ethan Armstrong.

My train of daydreams and thoughts crashes into a wall as my cell phone vibrates. We're in the library now, and there's fifteen minutes until dismissal. Mr. Lownes, the librarian, glances at me. Laura wrinkles her nose, and leans in, whispering, "Did you forget to turn your phone off?"

I nod, and reach in my pocket to turn it off, but then stop. "Laura...I'll be right back." She reaches for my sleeve but falls short, and I continue walking towards Ethan.

"Ethan? Remember me?" He turns around, and I notice how tall he is. Sandy blonde hair falls just barely over his eyebrows...oh my Lord...

"How could I forget?" Ethan smiles. "The fidgety girl from History class. Felicity, right?" I nod excitedly.

"Yep! That's me." I stick out my hand politely, my toes twitching in my sneakers. "Felicity Lockwood."

He hesistates, but reaches out slowly, and then shakes my hand. I flinch at his touch, but we continue shaking hands, until I pull my arm back. "Ethan Armstrong. I guess you know that, since I was introduced this morning."

"Yeah. Where did you move from, Ethan?" I keep turning my head and looking around without meaning to, and he notices, giving me a weird look.

"Tennessee...are you okay?" I look at him steadily, resisting the urge to move.

My toes start twitching again, and I nervously smile at Ethan. "I have ADHD...it's normally not like this, but I just-" I cut myself off. Why would I tell him that I liked him? Laura already thinks I'm crazy.

The bell screeches, and students scatter everywhere, running out of the library. I walk to my locker, and grab my bag, and then head out the door. Ethan gets on the school bus with me as I wave good-bye to Laura. "Call me, Fel!"

I sit in a seat at the very back, and Ethan sits next to me. It makes my cheeks burn, but Ethan is still as calm as ever. We ride silently, not looking at each other. I only stare out the window and watch everything move in a blur past us, until we stop.

"This is my stop," Ethan says. I look up at him as if pleading him not to go. "Bye, Felicity. See you tommorrow." I give a small nod. He walks down the aisle and jumps off the bus, leaving my heart pounding. I have MAJOR crush...