Actions Speak Louder than Words

I finally am backkk. If you haven't read the intro, go read that to get a better understanding of this backstory. If you haven't yet, PLEASE. Go read Runa's backstory! This book isn't really a part of the Kakegurui backstory "series". 

I also started Midari's backstory like two months ago, but ended up having to stop writing wattpads for a while. And I'm not sure if I really wanna finish that book soon because I haven't really found inspo to continue it.

1272 words

Kirari's POV (aged 6)

"RIRIKA. GIVE IT BACK!" I whined. My twin sister Ririka had taken the ball from me. It was an icy- blue colored ball that I often used to throw around when I was upset. And now, I was very much upset. "MAKE ME!" Ririka screamed back. I had it. I pounced on her, striving to retrieve the ball back from her. I was about to bite her hand, when our mom came outside. "How disappointing!" she looked at me coldly, not long until she let out a big smile. "You have got to be more careful. Think before you do sweetheart!" Ririka grinned. "I know Mom, I'll be better next time." Mom looked at my sister. "I don't believe I was speaking to you." She then walked over to her and pulled something out of her apron pocket. It was a white object, and looked very fragile. "I've been meaning to give this to you." She handed it to Ririka. It was a drama mask that had a devilish- happy smile on it.

 It was a drama mask that had a devilish- happy smile on it

Ririka looked up at Mom with gloomy eyes. "W-what's this for...?" Mom leaned over, and whispered something in her ear, which made Ririka have tears in her eyes. What was going on? I had thought to myself. Mom went back into the house to continue cooking dinner. Ririka slid down against the wall and sat down. She then buried her face in her hands. I walked over and picked up the mask, which was on the floor next to her. "Are you oka-" I started, but she interrupted me. "J-JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!" she sobbed. She got up and snatched the mask from me. Ririka picked up my ball and threw it over the fence and ran back inside the house.

All my life, I was my parents' favorite, while Ririka was always out on the sidelines. I got used to it honestly. I didn't want to. I obviously don't mean to. But over the years prior to what happened with the day she was given that mask, my attitude, and personality changed. My friendship/relationship with my sister since that day was evanescent. We barely speak to each other now. 

===================================

Ririka's POV (aged 9)

I miss my sister. I really do. I miss someone whom I have lived with under the same roof my entire life. I lost many people because of the stupid mask. No one likes me anymore. 

I went downstairs for breakfast. It had been weeks since I felt like sitting at the table with my family. Maybe even months. I sat down in my chair. Kirari looked at me, then shoved me, making me fall. My mask fell off my face. Mom looked at me in disgust. "P-put that back on." Quickly, I obeyed. Kirari looked at me with a straight face. "This.....is my seat."This was a mistake. I shouldn't have decided to do this, I panicked. I stood up, and grabbed my bag to go wait for the bus outside.

I stepped onto the school grounds when she came over. "GYAHHAHAHAHAHA!!" Ugh. I hated her voice. Maybe if I just ignore her then- "AWW...Is Baby Bunny scared?!???" I looked at her. The yellow hair pigtailed girl looked at me with a smirk. "Let me see that!" and with that, she grabbed my mask off my face. "M-MARY! Give it back!" She looked at me disgusted. "Who are you to speak to me like that? You're just a scaredy cat, who will probably end up becoming Mittens in high school." She giggled. "Wouldn't wanna put the Momobami family in debt now would you?" She dropped the mask on the ground and crushed it with her Mary Janes, smashing it to pieces. I dropped down and squatted. I stayed there, pompous for about five minutes while Mary Saotome, one of the most popular girls in school cackled her butt off with her little friends, who had become her minions at that point. I picked up the pieces of the mask, which was in fourths, and walked to my classroom dejectedly. There's no point in life, is there? I'm only going to be called names anywhere I walk. 

As I sat down, my sister saw me. She got up, walked towards me quickly, and pulled me outside by the ear. She pushed me against the wall. "Where is your mask?!?!?" I looked down at the floor. "I-" She slapped me across the face. "You know how mom is going to feel about this!" She grabbed my bag, unzipped it, and pulled out the Ziploc bag in which I had put the pieces of my mask in. "Oh my god. I cannot believe you." I started sobbing. "I swear I didn't break it! I-It was Mary!" I dropped to my knees and pleaded. "Please forgive me Kirari-san! Forgive me!" I cried. Kirari looked very stern, but pulled me up. "C'mon." 

We went back into the classroom. Kirari dropped the bag in Mary's lap. "Explain this." Mary smirked, and put her legs up on her desk, with her arms behind her head, and sat as comfortably as she could. "And what about it Momobami?" My sister rolled her eyes. "Apologize to her!" Mary stood up with the bag in her hand. "And who's gonna make me?" The class was now staring, and watching in awe. Kirari pushed me back, and pounced on Mary. They broke out into a cat fight, trying to pull each other's hair, not long until our teacher came into the room and broke them apart. They were sent to the principal's office.

After school, I rode the bus home as usual, and Kirari in our mom's car. When I got home, they were already at the table with my father. I sat down. My mom looked at me, and lifted up something clear. It was the bag with my broken mask in it. "Your sister had gotten detention for a month because of that fight." I was playing with the keychain on my backpack nervously. "Well I-" She interrupted me. "YOU, weren't thinking." I looked at her in shock. "You made a Saotome mad." she said. "You know what they could do to us. Even with how wealthy we are." I gulped. "But I didn't do anything!" Mom rolled her eyes. "You argued with her, practically trying to put up a fight with her by pulling her arm. And all for the mask." I stood up. "Well, don't you always want me to have the mask on!? It's practically my dress code every day!" My mom looked at me mad. "If it is a Saotome, leave it alone. You are a disgrace to this family. Have you forgotten? Actions, speak louder than words." I ran upstairs to my room, and cried in my bed that night. I could hear her words all night long. Actions speak louder than words. Hah. As if.