Chapter 6: Right Thing

"So, Crystal." Shimmer said. "Did you finally get something to wear during our sibling trip?"

      "Yes." Crystal replied.

         "Good." Shimmer said. "Now, let's head home. Change and pack."

             "Indeed." Twinkle agreed as they started to leave the mall.

             "Shimmer." a voice called.

 Shimmer and her siblings all turned around to a light green girl with two toned light pink hair.

                 Shimmer shook her head disbelief. "Minty, what are you doing in Equestria?"

  "Oh, me and Sprinkle are going to this thing called the Star Swirl Music Festival." Minty replied.

                       "Hey, we're going also." Shimmer said.

                        "Really? No way." Minty exclaimed.

                        "Really." Shimmer repeated.

            "Wait a minute, why are you going to an event in Equestria?" Twinkle asked curiously.

                          "You guys didn't hear?" Minty asked in shock.

                        "Ugh, just tell them." a pink girl with blonde hair that had purple and light blue highlights in it said.

                          "Ok, Sprinkle." Minty replied. "Anyways, the biggest popstar in Sweetestria will be performing at the Star Swirl Music Festival."

                                 "And if it wasn't obvious, Minty is her biggest fan." Sprinkle added.

                                  "Well, duh." Minty said. "What Sweetestrian isn't a fan of Peppermint?"

                                    "Me." Sprinkle replied.

                                      Minty gasped.

                                      "What?" Sprinkle asked in confusion. "I'm not a huge fan of pop music."

                                      "Oh." Minty said, slightly defeated.

                                     "I like some of Peppermint's songs just not all of them." Sprinkle explained.

                                        "I get it, Sprinkle." Minty said.

            "Just out of curiosity, do you guys know who else will be performing?" Shimmer asked.

                                   "Hmm, no." Minty replied.

                                  "I do." Sprinkle said.

                                    "Really?" Shimmer asked. "Spill, please."

                    "Ok, ok." Sprinkle replied. "I got an email that said who would be performing. One of them is Peppermint, obviously. However, another one was someone I had never heard of."

                                        "Who was it?" Shimmer asked.

                                           "They're name is Lotus." Sprinkle replied.

                                         "I've heard of Lotus." Maestro admitted.

                                         "You have?" Twinkle asked in disbelief.

         Maestro nodded. "She's from our kingdom. And she's super popular, too. Heck, I listen to her music."

                                           "Really, that's interesting." Twinkle commented.

                                             "Yep." Maestro said. "Her music helped me deal with living with Suffer."

        "Sorry but I just have to ask, which kingdom does your family rule over?" Sprinkle asked curiously.

                                          Shimmer glanced between Twinkle and Maestro before turning back towards Sprinkle. "We can't tell you. I'm sorry."

                                             "Ok." Sprinkle said. "Come on, Minty."

                                              "Um, alright." Minty replied.

    Sprinkle looked back at Shimmer, shook her head and then looked forward again as she and Minty left.

                                     "She looks upset." Crystal commented.

                                        "Not now, Crystal." Shimmer said.

                                      "You did the right thing." Twinkle assured.

                                           "Then why did it feel so wrong?" Shimmer asked as she and her siblings left the mall and headed home.