Chapter one: Who are you?

"And God, I'm so afraid of what I'll find" -Fire4Fun by Jhariah, 2024, from TRUST CEREMONY

   Though a young girl, Charlie was, she held secrets in her hands, secrets humans usually didn't. She didn't know what it even was too well, but it worried her. So she'd play with her dolls to avoid thinking of it. Two dolls, she played with, letting her imagination go wild.

   Her white, chipped door was closed as usual. Stickers of butterflies, fairies, and whatever young girls were supposed to like were plastered on her door. On the foot of the door, scratch marks from her cat, Goopy, were carved in... Poor Goopy didn't get his catnip and got pissed. She missed her kitty... He had to get put down, but her sibling said it was for the better.

   Her attention went back to the dolls. One was uncolored with short, wavy, white hair. The doll didn't have a face, just a head. No curves to show what was the nose or anything, yet Charlie didn't mind. He was dressed up in white clothes to match the whole look. The other was supposed to be a girl but wasn't anymore. Yet he was trapped in the representation of one, having long black hair and put in a pretty wedding dress. He was colored and had a face like any normal doll, having feminine features and brown skin.

She was humming a happy melody as she played with the two who were "talking" to each other. Next door, her neighbors were having a loud party with loud music she could hear perfectly. So she put her dolls down, stood up, and started for the window to close it.

As she got to her window, she suddenly heard a loud, mythical sound. It started loud, then, transitioned to becoming quiet. She heard it, but she decided to close her window first before looking back. It could've just come from her sibling's room.

   "W-..." A male voice groaned before a gentle slap was heard. The voice sounded confused as if just receiving strange information that made no sense whatsoever. The voice had a slight Mexican accent, sounding deep and dark.

   At this point, Charlie was curious. She was overly smart, able to tell things a girl her age wouldn't. She could tell which accent was what and assign the accent to a race. Maybe the doll had a voice button she hadn't known about...? She knew it wasn't from her sibling's room at this point, obviously.

   Quickly, she closed her window and turned around in an instant. There stood two men that looked like the dolls, but different. The one who was completely white looked feminine, having a girly face and body. His skin was pale white rather than snow white. The other looked nearly the same as the doll, but he had shorter, messy, grey hair, and a scar on his left eye, forearms, and just about everywhere. The more feminine one had a hand of his over the other humanoid doll's mouth. The two stared at Charlie, Charlie stared back. She looked the two up in down with excitement in her eyes and a huge smile on her face. Her eyes sparkled with excitement and joy. She had two new friends to play with! Real ones at that.

   She noticed how the male with the grey hair and white dress had a more masculine physique than she would have imagined. The white dress looked awful tight on him, and it showed through the discomfort and slight annoyance in his mesmerizing, glossy, dark brown eyes. He seemed to hate being in the dress like any man of masculinity would. Weirdly enough, despite looking older, his skin wasn't wrinkled at all. Neither was the others. Their skin looked smooth like a doll's would.

   Silence. Not a word was spoken. Slowly, the shorter removed his hand from the other's mouth. Instantaneously, the annoyed, uncomfortable one opened his mouth to say something.

   "Can someone explain what the fu-" He began, but was interrupted by the other doll's hand quickly going over his mouth. He looked at the pale one, obviously annoyed and mad at him, who was giving him a look of reprimand for almost saying a curse word in front of a child.