0.5

War

War.

The greatest war known to man kind. A war full of  destruction, blood, fear.

Hundreds of years ago before the world was how it is in the present day, creatures lived harmoniously together. In realms hidden from the human eye.

Angels, demons, fairies, sirens - everyone. All together in the realm of all magic and supernatural beings. A world where mythical stories and fairytales were true. A world that was of peace before the war.

Not until the Great War came.

A mysterious being, still unknown to this day, unleashed every creature from the fiery gates of hell. Hell had broke loose.

Demon that were excluded from the rest of  of the world. Demons who were crazy and lost all control of their sanity. Terrorising the homes of every creature in the realm. Everything had turned into fiery ruins.

Blood shed everywhere.

It could only get worse when the connecting gateway to the human world was open. Humans, unaware of the supernatural creatures that coexisted in this timeline, grew fear from the outbreak.

Innocent dying in the hands of blood hungry demons. And under some spell, even angels began to lose their sanity.

Eyes of gold turned a copper colour.

Blood.

Angels with wings of pure white, now tainted grey.

Forest fairies with iridescent wings, now tainted like mud.

As for demons, their desire for prey only grew.

"Jinwoo..."

"Hyein."

Anger. Guilt. Darkness.

His lover was gone - dead. Pain and sorrow filled the blood scented air around the demon. Knelt down beside his lover.

Her wings of white stained with dark red. Her golden brown hair stained the colour of her insides. Her beautiful skin, now pale like what her wings used to be.

The demon knew nothing but pain and agony.

The war was over, but at what cost?

Homes that once belonged to millions, ruined. Smoke emitted from what was flames. Blood of thousands of people scattered around. Creatures that once moved peacefully together in harmony, now peacefully on the ground.

"If I can't have what lit my life, then let this evil world have none."

Flames formed in the palm of the heartbroken. Swirls of gold, red, and black. The flame only grew taller and bigger.

It reached the sky.

Those who survived looked at the dark flames from a distance. Fear grew in civilians again.

The sky turned black.

A large fog surrounded the magical realm. A black fog covered the once blue sky like a blanket. No sunlight seeped through the fog. It was a thick fog that created darkness everywhere.

Instantly, flowers wilted. The trees turned a pale green.

Home.

Home now became a graveyard for anything living.

And one by one, people fled the scene. The only known place to escape to, the human world.

"Let no light be seen until the day I die. Then, will everyone's light return as mine will too."

The lone demon held his gaze on his unmoving lover. "I will find who took you away from me, and I will end them." 

As daylight quickly became night. It was a cold winter night, snow falling from the sky one day in 2010. A crashed car with a seven year old girl and her father. It was a bloody scene.

A man in a black cloak approached the father and daughter. The father, seriously maimed and bloodied. "Death..." 

The cloaked man stopped in his tracks, staring down at the slowly dying man. "You can see me?"

Desperate for help, to save his daughter, the father pleaded.

"Save my daughter! Please..leave me to die if you must, but please save her." Hands clapped together as the father fell to his knees out the car.

"Making a deal with death? What do I get in return? Your daughter would have to give me something if you're to die. The fate of yours end today regardless." Death crouched down to the pleading man's eyes.

"Are you willing to sacrifice your daughter to save her?"

"What do you want from her?" He was in a complicated situation. The father wanted nothing but to see his daughter grow beautifully. Even if it meant he was else where.

"If Hyebin can escape her fate of death, I will let her live free. If not, she will forget everything and everyone and become a grim reaper with me."

2024.

Some people lived peacefully. Some lived cautiously.

Demons and angels lived their life alongside humans. After the magical realm had been destroyed, creatures found ways to adapt in the human world.

Some creatures lived in hiding, cautious of stories from the past. Creatures didn't mingle with each other the way they did back then.

Demons were isolated from most the world despite their ability to control their hunger. But in the eyes of others, you never know what could happen.

Little did the world know, there lived one human girl who could potentially change mankind and the rivalry that came with it.

That girl was your average student. She was your average barista.

That girl was Soo Hyebin.

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK OMG YALL R GONNA LOVE IT (i hope

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS BOOK OMG YALL R GONNA LOVE IT (i hope..)