What If...

For some reason, Kushida started complaining in my room more often, and even had a copy of my key card to get in without my permission. Today too — when I was just scrolling on my phone, a knock interrupted my daily sessions with internet-sensei.

I can see how everyday interactions and exams coming up would be a lot for this young lady to handle, so I get it.

“Screw them! I wish they would bathe with diesel and burn themselves!”

Being burned alive is scientifically the worst way to die, no wonder it stings a lot when you get small burns.

“I agree.”

Kushida suddenly gave me a disapproving look, “Can you stop doing that?”

“What can I sa- Well, nevermind, you're right. Sorry.” I said.

Besides, even if I had seen some pretty awful things in that place, I wouldn't just casually set people I hate on fire just to get my kicks. Maybe I'd beat them up and leave them in the alleys, but I wouldn't leave them writhing in agony. Not that you could or should.

She hit me with a pillow—she was trying to hit me, but I managed to avoid it. When I did, she picked it up and hugged it while pouting.

“Hey.” A muffled voice called.

“What?”

“What kind of girls do you like?”

“That came out of the blue.”

“…”

Please don't smile at me like that. I know I seem emotionless, but seeing that smile again scares the living daylights out of me. I'm not sure if I should be concerned about her well-being or run away from her as much as possible.

But when I think about it, what kind of girl do I really like? I don't know much about love or human relationships. Well…

Let's give it a shot, either way.

“You.”

“…huh?”