Introduction and Map

When to pet and when to run away screaming.

Introduction and Map

Alytheria is a strange and remarkable Kingdom in a realm called Rìoghachd Smùid agus Draoidheachd.

No, I have no idea what that means or how to pronounce it.

I'm an esteemed dwarf from Sumplasoranother; I'm not originally from Alytheria. Where I'm from, we don't make up random names for our realms. We're sophisticated.

Okay, I'm not from Sumplasoranother.

I am from a city called Ondergront in the Republic of Eyslion

"You can stop rolling your eyes now, Lena."

If I'm to guess, I think it could mean Realm of Steam and Magic or Realm of People Who Speak... whatever language that is. Other realms have nice, normal names, names that can be pronounced without hurting oneself, like Veil of the Old Ones or Rijk van Mensen or DIstrict of Dysfunctional Dwarfs... the other name for Sumplasoranother

Okay, so I don't know what the second one means either, but it doesn't give me a headache just looking at it.

Now, where was I?

Ah, yes! I was about to introduce you to the diverse, beautiful and often deadly creatures of Alytheria...

Due to decades of animal experimentation, Alytheria has wondrous wildlife that will leave the most jaded of adventurers breathless, flabbergasted... and... well, probably dead. Though the experiments were declared illegal quite a long time ago, the strange and awe-inspiring wildlife still thrives to this day.

Of course, Alytheria has normal, boring little things like squirrels and such... but here, you will also find animals that aren't completely organic and some that are hybrids and chimaeras.

Since I am a rather thoughtful and clever fellow, very humble and kind in nature, despite being absolutely mouth-watering to gaze upon, I thought it would be remarkably generous and applaudable of me to put together an easy-to-follow, colourful guide to some of those weird and wonderful - often deadly - animals. 

That way, dear Traveller, as you wander around, eating your packed lunch of corned beef sandwiches, potato salad and Willow Nugget Pickles - Oh! I'm feeling a bit peckish myself right now! - while you're admiring nature (and the not-so-natural), you will know which ones are friendly and which ones will turn you into a packed lunch of their own.

***