Chapter 5: Cold, Icy Eyes

"Oh, hello Dorado," Gris commented. They saw Dorado turn off the TV and gave Gris his full attention. Gris felt awkward, but they soon walked inside and sat down across from Dorado. Dorado smiled at Gris and soon held the bowl of oranges in frout of Gris. 

"Want some?" Dorado smiled. Gris saw the bowl and took an orange slice. They took a bite and nodded as a way to say thank you. The two sat in silence as the two ate the orange slices together. 

"So, I was thinking that we could order some pizza tonight," Dorado suggested, he got up and placed the bowl in the sink to wash. Dorado hummed in a soft tone, his voice was very soft and calming. His golden hair shined from the ceiling light, it made it look so smooth and pretty. Gris got distracted by Dorado for a moment, but soon snapped back from reality and cleared their throat. 

"That sounds nice." Gris simply commented. Gris wasn't used to eating out a lot, as Gris had a gluten allergy, and most places didn't sell food without gluten. Gris mostly cook for themselves, and when they did eat gluten, they would get a rash on their stomach and feel nauseous all the time. 

However, Gris didn't want to say anything. They didn't want to be a burden, especially on the first day of school, and especially after what happened in their jewelry class. 

"I'll just go to the cafeteria for dinner; I have that dining pass that I could use." Gris thought. All of a sudden, Nadir walked into the room. Nadir looked at the two before stepping into the kitchen to get some water. 

"Howdy, Nadir! I was thinking of ordering some pizza for dinner today. Ya know, to celebrate our first day here! We could even invite the other people from our runway group." Dorado smiled. 

"We could order a lot of toppings, like mushrooms, onions. Oh, and pineapple! I love pineapple on pizza." 

"You don't say...?" Nadir's expression turned dark, and his icy blue eyes glared at Dorado before returning to his normal expression. 

"Doesn't matter with me." Nadir simply said before looking at Gris. 

"Ready for our first fashion class, Gris?" Nadir asked as if nothing happened. 

"Of course, this was the class I'd been looking to all day." Gris smiled a bit. There was some silence between the two, but then Dorado came in the middle and smiled. 

"I got my first cooking class right now, very exciting! I'll see you guys later, have a fun time with your classes!" Dorado said, grabbing some pieces of paper and pots in his hands. Dorado waved goodbye with his left hand before walking out and closing the door. 

Nadir and Gris walked out the door a few minutes after Dorado. Nadir and Gris both carried their Rainbow High notebooks, and they walked in silence to class. It was very awkward while walking to class. 

"So, Nadir? What got you into this school?" Gris asked to break the silence. They gave Nadir an awkward smile, realizing that this question sounded a bit dumb. Nadir looked at Gris with a confused expression. 

"I always loved historical fashion, so I thought this school was best for me," Nadir answered. The two had made it to the classroom. The classroom was huge, it had boxes and boxes of fabrics and string, and it had rows of sewing machines and ironing boards. It was a fashion lovers' playground; it had everything you need. The teacher, however, did not look friendly. 

The teacher had short blue hair, orange eyes, and a professional suit that looked homemade. The bell rang, and the teacher snapped his fingers. This made the students sit in their seats and stare at the board. The teacher walked in frout of the class and soon started the lesson. 

"You all may think this class will be easy because it's an intro class, but you are wrong. Once you are in my class, I will make sure to work with you and make you understand that fashion is something more complex than what you may think." The teacher had a critical look in their eyes which made some students shake.