Chapter 2: Escape Plan

- JUNGWON'S POV -

- JUNGWON'S POV -

"What the... Jungwon?" Agad na bumukas ang mga mata ko sa malakas na bigkas ng kapapasok lang sa condo unit ko. "Bakit sa sofa ka natutulog?" He babbled and pointed at the clock that said 5:54 am.

"I was waiting for you, asshole." Hinagis ko ang isang unan sa kaniya bago ako pilit na bumangon sa pagkakahiga at nag-unat ng katawan.

I wasn't even able to go to sleep. Not like I really had any decent sleep ever since I was brought up in these worlds. World where I live among other existing living beings, and the other being the world of gangs and violence.

Paranoia always kept me awake, as if someone's lurking around and waiting to strike any second.

But this time, it's not paranoia that's keeping me awake. It's confusion.

Confused about why I did what I did and why I'm doing more than I should.

Lili.

Saving her is one thing. I could have just let them take her. Not like she and why those men were after her are any of my business. Let alone essential to my business. So, why?

Why did I save her?

Why didn't I just let them take her?

I never cared, so why am I now?

I even offered her my condo for her to stay at. And now I feel like it's going to be harder to get rid of her. Not literally. She didn't even want to come with me. Which was smart, meaning she was being cautious.

What made her come with me, then?

Maybe her instinct told her so. It's the only thing she could rely on, especially with her mind possibly jumbled with fear, panic, doubt, and desperation. She didn't have any reason to trust me at all, but her instincts obviously told her she could. Or maybe she didn't have any other choice but to take the risk of coming with me because I was her only choice. It was either me or those men. Whatever the reason, she did the smartest thing. And she's lucky because, unlike those men chasing her, hurting her is the farthest of my intentions.

Yeonjun caught the pillow before slumping down on the same sofa I was sleeping on earlier. "You weren't at the club though, kaya nag-stay muna 'ko d'on." He reasoned as he hugged the pillow I threw at him. "Sayang naman 'yung ibinayad nung nakilala kong babae kagabi."

"Akala mo ba biro 'tong ginagawa natin? Your brother sent you here to do one job, Yeonjun. ONE. JOB. And that job isn't going to clubs to hook up with random women." I scowled at him, clenching my jaw to suppress my annoyance that'd probably send him flying on the other side of the room.

"Relax. I closed the deal with Mr. Michiko. And better news? He's going to give us more than what we asked for," he boasted. "I think I deserved to celebrate a bit because of my achievement. Right? Besides, she's not just any woman..." He trailed off and looked at the ceiling glumly. "Damn it. I wish I knew her name."