Road Trip - Chapt. 1

I grabbed my white vans to go with my outfit (plaid button up and light wash jean shorts). Just as I was about to walk down the staircase, I went back up to my room, grabbing my brown leather and lace pocketed backpack and packed some essentials; portable phone charger, some snacks and water I had from my mini fridge, some cash I have hidden in a lame ass book I don't even touch, a light jacket in case it gets cold, extra comfy pair of clothes and my light yellow Polaroid.

******

I walked down the hallway to see if my sister, Tara was ready. She wore some white ripped shorts and a light gray jacket paired with some cute vanilla colored keds. My sister Tara is 17, while I'm only 14. Her and I look nothing alike. My father gifted me with medium length black-brown hair and caramel colored eyes, while my mother gifted Tara beautiful green eyes and long blonde hair, sun kissed with perfectly tanned skin, same for me but, not as sun kissed, more, burnt from our recent beach trip.

******

"Hey Tar, you ready?" I asked in a sweet tone, because I know she hates it when I slightly shorten her name by saying "Tar" instead of adding the other "a" at the end.
She turned around from her packing her bag and rolled her eyes saying, "Stop calling me Tar it sounds like a kind of rip off name brand, and we both know I'm way more original than that." Sometimes Tar confused me with her way of thinking, she tried to say things to make them make sense but, it didn't work out so,e of the time, but we never bothered to tell her.
"Sorry bout it sis, but for real are you ready or not it's almost 8 o'clock." I say annoyed because it's so early
"It's not my fault you wanted to get up so early in the fricken morning for this road trip to hell knows where," Tara sorta yelled at me but not too loud because our parents were asleep down the hall. I rolled my eyes while she added on saying, "and that is why I'm bringing Korie along with us!"

******

"WHAT!?" I whisper yelled at her. I absolutely despised Korie. Her and I don't get along at all. I mean, we have our moments where she gives me some sort of sisterly/frenemy love, but other than that we can't stand each other, not after what she did to me when I was younger, but I don't talk about that.
"Yup" Tara said giggling but also giving me a stern "shh" afterwards.
"I thought this was going to be a me and you, sister bonding type road trip, not a framing tag along your sisters rotten ass friend while her little sister sits in the back of the car, wanting to kms the whole way" I rolled my eyes at the end of my statement. Sure it was maybe overdramatized but, would you blame me!? I mean... If you knew what she did to me then no, but I was pretty pissed that she was telling me this now and how she decided she wanted to bring the one person I can't stand with us.
So much for "sisterly bonding"; that's what Tara had said after I suggested the who.e trip in the first place.

******

"Ah ah ah," Tara said as she shook her keys in the air, mocking me, "you whine, I don't drive, it's as simple as that babe." I angrily tried to snatch the keys always from her but she snatched them back right as I could reach them and laughed at me. Gosh she acts like a child sometimes!