24

LUCKY

LUCKY

His eyes widen as he finally understands what I'm suggesting. Drakkon doesn't easily get caught off guard, but when I'm involved, the poor guy is often out of character.

"You want my cock?"

Wow, he gets right to it. There's no beating around the bush. I guess that should be a good thing, because otherwise I'd be inclined to stall.

"Yes," I reply.

There's silence for a few seconds. None of us moving, except for the shifting in his pants.

"Lucky, are you sure?"

I nod. "Of course. I want to do this for you. You deserve it."

He looks behind me in search of bystanders, his hesitation slowly melting. Next thing I know, I'm in his arms, passionately getting kissed. I feel alive. That rush that is so addicting bolts through me. Drakkon lifts me a foot off the ground, losing one hand in my hair and using his free arm to hold me up.

After a minute, he sets me down on my feet and lowers his face into mine until I'm shrinking down. I sit on the ground. Is this it? He wants to get intimate here, on the very floor without a single blanket? Wow, the guy is eager.

He sits beside me and reveals a huge smile.

"Here?" I whisper, not too fond of the idea, since we could be discovered.

He ignores my question, still smiling like he's in another world. He reaches out to touch my hair, stroking the crown of my head.

"Drakkon, do you want to, um..." I gesture to his pants.

"Do you wish to know what would truly make me the happiest man on this planet and the one I came from?" he asks.

I nod. Whatever he requests, I'll try my best. I might not be able to swallow all of him without choking, but I'll try to please him.

"I wish to stare at you in this light for hours. That would be perfect."

I raise an eyebrow, amused by the request. "You would like that more than... you know."

His fingers stroke my jaw. "You are perfect. I cannot believe you are mine, so I must stare at you until the realization dawns."

Seeing my confusion, he adds, "you're so considerate. You have been through more pain than I can imagine– emotional and physical pain that I am partially responsible for. Yet you are brave enough to push on for us even if it takes effort to be intimate with me. I am so grateful to you, Lucky. I just want to get lost in your beauty."

He sits there, hand skimming down the curve of my neck. His erection still rages, but he looks at me like I already gave him an Earth-shattering orgasm.

"Are you sure? I really wouldn't mind..."

"This is what I want," he repeats.

So we remain seated, and just examine one another. This is the most intimate date we've ever had. There are no words to give us a distraction. He takes me in like he has never seen me before, and although my hair is frizzy and shoved into a ponytail, although my face is plain, I feel beautiful.

After what feels like fifteen minutes, he breaks the silence with, "you have my heart."

My own heart stutters, because I know what he's trying to say.

I rise on my knees, throwing my arms around him until the side of his face is flush against my chest. "I..." I take a deep breath and feel my heart throbbing in my throat. "Drakkon, I love you too."

He trembles with a loud grunt of pleasure, rubbing his face against my chest– not sexually, but in a comforting manner. I stroke his hair and rest my cheek on it.

That night, we sleep tight in each other's arms. Time does its thing, and a month passes quickly. I've shared with Drakkon every bit of my life– the good, the bad, and the human. The things I had to do to survive, but aren't proud of. He's not spooked away. He still holds my hand and leads the way forward. I know deep in my heart that I'm ready for the last step: the ceremony.

All my life, I've been afraid of a dragon's flame, but now I'm ready to walk into it. That's because Drakkon taught me not all heat is painful. He has made me burn in wonderful ways– endearingly and sexually.

I have to tell him it's time. I've been building the courage for the past few days, knowing that I'll only survive if we trust each other.

During our travels, we stumble into two humans. A mother and her little girl, so frail and traumatized that they feared their own shadow. Something must have happened underground that made them come to the surface. The mother looked left, right, and up as she turned the corner with her child in her arms. There is no peace within that woman. She's terrified of monsters she can't see.

I can bring an end to this. I can open that portal and bring help to the dragons and humans stuck in this hellish planet.

"I'm ready."

I don't realize I whispered the words until Drakkon says, "what?"

My eyes look away from the mother, who has turned the corner and disappeared. We're currently crouched in an abandoned bodega, waiting for them to leave so we don't scare them.

"The ceremony, Drakkon. I want to do it."

His eyes widen, and he lowers the container he had been examining. "No," he says. "It is not the right time. The weather is bad, and we haven't found shelter. You're also still too frail. Give it a few more months. We will try then. We–"

I touch his hand. He's rambling excuses to avoid my request, because he's afraid as I am.

"It's time," I repeat. "I'm ready."

"Excuse me," the older dragon says, going to the back of the store to give us space. He can probably still hear the conversation with his enhanced hearing, but I appreciate the gesture.

"But what if I hurt you?" Drakkon asks, looking more vulnerable than what I've ever seen. "What if I kill you?"

"You won't." I'm sure of this.

"Tomorrow night, we'll do it."

He crosses his arms over his chest and glares at the street, angry with my decision. All that melts away when I wrap my arms around him from the back. He clings to me desperately.

"Tomorrow, we'll open that portal, and you'll be with your people."

Wherever, whenever they are, we will finally meet them, and Earth will relive again.

Want to skip wait times? Drakkon is COMPLETE on www.patreon.com/ancientt