Ocean Eyes | Carl Grimes

Summary: Ocean eyes, they're eyes you can get lost in. And both you and Carl have that habit of getting lost in each other's eyes.

Warnings: Spoilers (?)

Word Count: 1,094

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⋆ ・ ⠄

I've been watchin' you for some time

At first it was a glance, your eyes were just scanning the room but that glance turned into a longing stare. That was until Carl looked back at you, catching you off guard. He smiled and chuckled at you as your eyes frantically looked anywhere else besides him.

Can't stop starin' at those ocean eyes

But as hard as you tried to keep your eyes away from his you just couldn't. They were so pretty.

Burning cities and napalm skies

He made his way up to you, the corner of his lips meeting his eyes from how hard he was smiling.

Fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes

His eyes, they were all you could look at as he spoke to you, all you could really focus on.

Your ocean eyes

How could eyes that have seen the worst things possible, from the death of others to killing some, still be so beautiful and innocent.

No fair...

Although you were barely listening he still spoke to you, he knew you weren't really focused on his words right now but can he really blame you?

You really know how to make me cry, when you gimme those ocean eyes

You mind came back to you, now listening to what he was talking about. You softly smiled at him, he was adorable, he's seen too much happen, too much death and yet he's still smiling, still acting like how a kid would at a party.

I'm scared...

You admired that, admired how he can conceal it all, admired how he can still push through things no matter how bad the situation was. It was one of the things that made you fall for him.

I've never fallen from quite this high, fallin' into your ocean eyes

His eyes were the other, so calm yet so bold. So promising, protecting, honest and trustworthy.

Those ocean eyes

You knew you'd make the right choice in dating the Grimes boy.

I've been walkin' through a world gone blind

I can't stop thinking about her, can't stop thinking about that beautiful face. Especially her way of thinking, and how closed off she was. It made her even more interesting and makes me that much more intrigued.

Can't stop thinkin' of your diamond mind

So tough, hard to get into. Her mind is so closed off, so barricaded, she doesn't let anyone know what's going on in there and no one would ever find out unless she let's them. It's fascinating, I don't think I've ever met anyone like her.

Careful creature made friends with time

She arrived at Alexandria a few weeks after we did, she was so much more closed off during those weeks, not trusting anyone fully, not staying long during conversations. But soon, she started opening up, words couldn't express how happy I was for her to trust us- to trust me and to confide especially in me.

She told me everything, ever since that party we've become inseparable. She told me about the groups she was once with, her family, how she managed.

He left her lonely with a diamond mind

And a guy she once trusted so much she spilt everything to- like how she's doing right now. How he took advantage of that and took advantage of her hurt and fragile mind, making it much worse. She explained that's how she became so closed off and apologized for not only seeming like she didn't want anything to do with the place or people but for also pouring her heart out.

She teared up as she did so I hugged her, told her it was okay, that I'm proud of her for trusting me enough to tell me everything.

And those ocean eyes..

I looked him in the eyes, the same way I first did at the welcoming party. God, he could turn his back on me and betray me yet here I am pouring my heart out to him like I've known him all my life.

No fair, you really know how to make me cry when you gimme those ocean eyes

I let the tears out, leaning into him and holding him close, I know he would never hurt me, that he would do anything for me, that he loves me.

I'm scared...

Bur what if this doesn't end well, what if he does turn his back on me and use everything he knows against me.

I've never fallen from quite this high

She backed up, wiping her eyes with her sleeve, she looked up at me, and God did she look as beautiful as the day I met her.

Fallin' into your ocean eyes

Since day one, there was another thing I noticed about her besides her beauty and her mind. It was her eyes, so deep and rich, looking at them makes me feel at ease, makes me feel like everything's going to be okay and that everything is okay.

They were as deep as the ocean, I could stare at them for however long I want to and try looking away, but I can't. I don't want to come back up for breath. I could drown in these beautiful, astonishing, caring eyes and I wouldn't care.

As long as they were hers I wouldn't mind anything.

Those ocean eyes

She leaned close to me, slow enough for me to react in case I don't want to kiss her. But I won't back away, I've been waiting for this. I had a feeling about her, a feeling that I would want this girl in my life forever.

I closed the gap between us and I could feel all my worries disappear. Even though I didn't want to I had to break it. I rested my forehead on hers and was the first to speak, "Do you, maybe, want to go out?" She looked at me for a moment, eyes scanning mine for any hint of a joke.

I've never fallen from quite this high

She nodded her head, nervously.

Fallin' into your ocean eyes

I smiled at her, and brought her into a loving hug. "I promise- no, I swear to make you feel like the most special and loved girl here." I smiled, kissing her once again.

"You sure?" She timidly asked, I frantically nodded my head.

Those ocean eyes...

"Cross my heart and hope to die." He swore, crossing his heart. I guess this is the universe's way of making up for the apocalypse and fallen members. Just one step at a time.