007

Aaron looked at me with a weird look as my eyebrows furrowed. "What's up with you?" He asked me.

"Do you not feel that?" I said. This time he looked even more confused. "Huh.." My mind trailed off before I heard the buzzer which indicated the start of the game.

I shook my head as the buzzer went and the team ran onto the ice, only the starting line up staying

I shook my head as the buzzer went and the team ran onto the ice, only the starting line up staying. I'm probably just seeing or feeling things. My first time back at a game, probably just excitement.

The referee skated up to center ice and checked around to make sure the players, goalies and linesmen were all ready for the puck drop. Once confirming it, he blew the whistle and dropped the puck. Nico won the faceoff for us and they skated down the ice.

All I want is to be back out and onto the ice. I miss the feeling of gliding freely across the sheet of frozen water, chasing after the puck with guys all around me. I know I'm not even close to ready yet, saying I literally woke up from a massive accident like a month ago, but I need to get back into the action.

Luna and I have another ice time scheduled for tomorrow before the Devils practice and I hope that she'll let me do more heavy things, even just shooting. But I know that I shouldn't since I barely have the strength to skate let alone shoot pucks and stuff. 

Lindy specifically told Luna to start off light and work her way up with my skills as we go, however long it takes, and it is killing me. Maybe if I beg she'll let me try some more heavy things.

Locker room, Devils win 4-1

"Let's go baby!" Ethan yelled as he walked back to the locker room after the win. Everyone cheered and yelled in celebration while I stood beside Luke.

"I missed you here with us, man." Luke admitted to me quietly over the sounds of the guys celebrating and planning where to go.

I sighed and wrapped an arm around his shoulder carefully as he gently laid his curly haired head on my head. "But I'm back here now, so no need to miss me here anymore." I whispered. "Even if I'm not playing yet, I'll be back before you know it. Before then, keep up your work, Lukey, and make me prouder than you already have." He smiled brightly and hugged me before walking away and catching an overly excited Ethan Edwards as he launched himself at Luke.

Jack and Luke's apartment

I let out a happy sound as we finally got back to our apartment. A smile graced my face as Lizzy ran in and ran around me. She was a lot bigger now than when I had seen her before the accident. But it's almost as if she could sense I was injured as she had been quite gentle since I had gotten back.

"She missed you, ya know?" Luke said as he walked in behind me, gently placing a hand on my shoulder. "She was constantly sitting or laying at the door and whining outside your bedroom. That dog, right there, she loves you." He smiled as he finished, watching as I carefully bent down to scratch Lizzy's ears.

"I missed her, too." I grinned. My brother simply laughed as he ruffled my hair before running away to shower. "You're lucky I can't run after you without getting lightheaded!" A laugh escaped me as he shouted back something I couldn't figure out.

Soon I thought as I watched my brother run down the hallway to shower. I'll be back soon, Luke.

***

I'm gonna add more of Luke and Jack because they're the dynamic duo.

WC: 637