Chapter 1: The Old Library

—Alexis pov—

I had just finished up Biology when I was walking to my first study hall of the day. "Oh great" I thought as I walked to my locker. "Juno the highschool heartthrob is in my class." Even though we were both freshmen, most thought he was attractive, even seniors. Some people, like me, did not. Most girls that liked him started little groups over hot guys, while i had my online friends who talked about minecraft or TV shows we liked. After all, I'm not benevolent, rich, and kind like snowflake. I'm a basic girl who is sometimes a bitch.

"Hey Alexis." Asher said in a teary appearance which I knew was just for show. "I'm sorry, please date me again." he said in a whiny pout.

"No. You money-stealing, problem-blaming asshole." I said in a fed up annoyed tone.

His face soon turned from teary to enraged with a huge smirk on his face. "I'll make you like me Alexis." He started chasing me down the hall until I made a sharp turn and fell.

Right before he caught up to me I got pulled into a locker. It was a bigger one that was more of a closet for material. I felt something metal pressed into my side but ignored it since it wasn't too painful before I realized who had pulled me in here. It was Juno. 

"FUCK." I heard Asher yell near me before getting caught by a teacher and pulled inside to class.

............

About ten minutes later I realized everyone was in class, and I whispered to Juno "you can get out now."

In response he whispered "well if you are sure you're alright." he opened both doors to the storage space and I got out. His expression looked shocked when I turned around to see what he was looking at.

"How long has that been there?" I asked as I stared at the door inside the storage space. I also realized the metal thing that was jabbed into my side was a doorknob.

"Not sure." he replied, shrugging but he stepped forward to open the door.

The door opened as we stepped into an old classroom. It was empty except for highlighter yellow curtains and an old wooden desk with wooden drawers on the sides with an open space for a chair in the middle. There was another door with a small metal plaque on the wall next to it.

"Oh look! This must be the old library!" I said as I looked at the engravings on the metal plaque which said "School library" and underneath saying "donated by the class of 1958."

"Why don't we go inside?" Juno said curiously.

"Sure!' I said as I happily walked in.

"Alright." he said as he walked in after me.

"Wow!" I said as I entered the old library. There were a few old carpets on the floor, and cobwebs in every corner. It looked like it hadn't been used in years. I then saw a 1980's workout tape. "Nevermind" I thought as I kept walking until I reached a table on the other side of the room.

I saw Juno lean on one of the bookshelves next to me "this great isn't it?" He said in an excited tone. "I'm going to tell everyone about this and we can hang out here to escape from the teachers!''He said this as he chuckled to himself.

"Why can't it be just us that know about this place?" I said as I put my hand under his chin, making us both blush a little. "If this place wanted to be found, it would be." I said in a serious but still positive tone, taking my hand off his chin. It looked like he was about to say something when;

"What the hell!"  he said as a book fell on his head. "Alexis, did you do this!" he said, looking like he wanted to kill me.

"I guess this was a sign from the universe!" I said while rolling my eyes. I opened the book only to find a picture of ten celestial bodies. "What is this?" I gasped in amazement.

"I'm not sure." He said looking at the page with ten celestial bodies on the front. He read out the story underneath. "Around a Millennia ago, there were 5 spirits. They each had respective colors. Pink, Cyan, Orange, Green, and Purple. Green controlled the living, Pink controlled time, Orange controlled the elements, Cyan controlled wars, and Purple controlled death."

I held my hands up to my mouth. "Why did we find this! We are gonna be in so much trouble by the school!"

He grabbed my arm and pulled me aside. "I'm halfway done if you'll let me continue."

"Fine." I muttered as I rolled my eyes and sat back down.

"Alright." He said as he cleared his throat to speak. "Over time they faded away, but they each came together to make ten shiny spheres of power in their footsteps." Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune, Uranus, the Sun, and the Moon. One day they go into war, but they leave Venus behind in case something happens. They all die and Venus decides to sacrifice herself for her 2 spheres. They are Cupid and Anti-Romantic. They are complete opposites who will control the world. Venus chooses to fix up Earth for Cupid and Anti-Romantic, then eventually dies." 

I blurt out immediately after "at least it's fake right?"

He says after "yeah I suppose it is, just let me finish this up."

I grumble for a moment then sit back down to listen to him read.

"Anyways", He starts off "it is said that their descendants live on every thousand years and all twelve are never said to reunite."

"That was sad." I said as I started to walk out.

"Wait up!" He called as he ran over until he was right next to me.

I noticed he still had the book in his hand but it was too late. We were already too far from the library. "Were you planning on reading this at home?" I muttered as I took the book from him.

"No, but you can. Just meet me at the library at lunch tomorrow, ok?" Juno said, sounding almost like he actually wanted to see me, when in reality it was probably for the book.

I nodded at this conclusion, knowing he wouldn't tell anyone.

"Bye Alexis" he said with a smile.

"Bye Juno." I said as we both left for our respective

classes. As he left I was thinking "what if he isn't so bad after all?"

(1084 words in chapter one! *not including the after message* I hope you liked this chapter and the new chapters will be out as soon as possible!!