New Grounds

Lumine POV

After Senshi's hand touched the statue, nothing really happened. Senshi was standing there silently, and I assume staring blankly into the grey stone. This continues for a solid minute.

"Is she alright ?" I ask absentmindedly.

"Looks like it, this didn't happen to you did it ?" My emergency rations talks back.

Then what's taking her so long ? Could it be because I already activated ? Why am I so concerned about this actually ?

As my thought finishes, the familiar flash of Anemo energy erupts from the orb in its hands, swirling around Senshi bottom to top. It doesn't stop where I thought it would, except it rises to the top of her head before bursting into four streams which swirls around her. All the while Senshi touching the statue...

What going on ?

—————

Senshi POV

This...is liberating.

I don't know what about it is up but it feels...free ?

The moment I touched the golden part of the statue, it feels like a part of me got unlocked somehow. I felt lighter. More agile. More everything to be frank. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this.

I tried taking my hand of the statue but it wouldn't budge, I felt the winds keep my hand in place. Whatever it was doing wasn't done it. Probably making sure I'll be able to handle it or something like that.

I snap out of my stupor, looking at the four wisps of wind circling me, it's not long till closes in on me and I feel all four of them enter me...kinda ? The moment they touched chest by they disappeared.

What was that just now ? I feel a new energy spiralling in me.

"SENSHI YOU OKAY ?!" I hear Lumine shout earnestly.

"Y-YEAH IM FINE, ITS JUST- NEW IS ALL" I reply, still dazed from just then.

I should get back to them, we've been here long enough in my eyes. I turn back to the statue, "Uh...Thanks ? I'll be sure to use this wisely." The winds around seem to acknowledge me. I turn back around and take a step towards my companions.

And in an instant I'm already next to them.

"WOAH"
"WOAH"

They both scream in surprise. I look back at the island to where I was standing. It felt like the wind picked me up and pushed me to where I needed to go ! I nearly tripped too...

"How did...what ?" I asked. I've never been so genuinely confused in my life !

"You used your new anemo ability to get here ! It super fast, like NYYOOMM and you're already in front of us !" Paimon explains in childlike fashion. To be fair I think anyone would've, I just went from point A to B near instantly !

"Well not to be a party pooper but I think we should continue, the city isn't far and I'd like to get there before noon." Lumine interjects my little revaluation.

I look towards the sun. That's look like a...11 AM sun to me if I've ever seen one.

"Yeah I think it's about time we go..."