INTRODUCTION: Fair is Foul, Foul is Fair

Fair is foul and foul is fair:
Hover through the fog and filthy air
MACBETH, A1:S1, w. shakespeare

HAIR. TITS. BONES. That's basically all that's nice about Melanie Howard. . . A pretty penny from the tracks. The one with big brown eyes and a MISSING! smile. Inside voices. She doesn't mind the whispers at school, or even through various establishments making up the Town Square—how she's Mayor Lockwood's favorite pet. How her aunt Dixie was a notorious whiskey-shooting slut. They're just whispers. Cheap talk. Tyler Lockwood looks at her like he hates her.

But here's where things get weird: ever since sixteen, she spends every full-moon on her knees, knees bent hard, knees grating wood, right over a toilet bowl. Hurling. From dinner chunks to stomach acid. The convulsions last forever. She is lost in her confusion. She is very sick. Melanie constantly wipes the blood from her upper lip. Muted panic. Dear God! I promise I'll be good! She is falling apart. Literally. But Damon Salvatore might have answers to her mother's seven year old Disappearance. Answers that Melanie won't rest peacefully without. His younger brother Stefan is a cold mystery dating town-darling and freshly minted orphan, Elena Gilbert. Somehow. All around her. The bodies keep piling up. The secrets crawl out from under the door, one by terrible one.

The stories are real, Melanie Howard will learn.

And so are monsters.

MELANIE HOWARD

"Love is a kind of killing, Addy,                                     Don't you know that?"-Dare Me,  megan abbott

Don't you know that?"
-Dare Me, megan abbott

Mads Mikkelsen      Richard Lockwoods
Jessica Chastain      Carol Lockwood
Drew Starkey      Tyler Lockwood
Calum Turner      Mason Lockwood
Blake Lively      Dixie Scofield-Altmeyer

Hugh Laughton-Scott    Stefan Salvatore
Louis Garrel     Damon Salvatore
Anya Taylor Joy     Katherine Pierce

Savannah Smith     Bonnie Bennett
Even Peters     Jeremy Gilbert
Anya Taylor Joy     Elena Gilbert
Madeline Cline      Caroline Forbes
Taylor Zahkar Perez      Matt Donovan
Oscar Isaac      Alaric Saltzman

Content Warning / NSFW ⚠️
Graphic descriptions of violence/blood/death. Cannibalism. Infidelity. Profanity. Brief mentions of sex/nudity. Abuse. Physical assault/trama. Mental health issues & morally ambiguous characters. Classism. Self harm and mentions of EDs. Unreliable main character and ect. . . Reader discretion is advised!