Jeremyyyy!!

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Darrell's POV
I was relieved to find my room was the same way I left it. I loved it. It's like someone, maybe a faithful spirit kept this room spotless just for me.
Thank you Lord.

I dropped my heavy bag of deodorants and toiletries right next to my bed before I plopped right on it. Welcomed by a silky smooth sheet someone's scent I remember vividly. That's when she knocked on my door.

"Mind if I come in?"

"Of course not." I replied with a warm smile

I know I said I have a thing against women, but momma isn't one to compare.

She sat close to my flat body that's lying against the bed.

"Uncle Moses told me you enjoyed your stay with him"

Her deep ocean blue eyes would have distracted me if she didn't mention uncle Moses, then her blonde hair completing the whole look could leave me staring without talking

"Yeah.....Ow! "

She probably noticed I was staring because she flicked my nose which made me flinch then sit up.

"What was that for??!" I yelled dramatically

"Don't you know it's rude to stare?" She snickered with her fingers covereing her mouth

"It's hard not to when an attractive woman knocks at my door- AH!" She flicked my nose again

"You need to stop talking like that, especially with me young man. I thought you're a born again christian, Darrell"

I bet uncle Moses told her. "C'mon, you know they're just truthful complements. Besides, morals aside, you know I'm not known for lying"

Ever since Dad divorced mum, I've been doing everything in my power to keep her happy, I can tell the divorce really did something to her, she won't admit this, but I can tell she's really sad about it. She knows how to hide grief behind her contagious smile, such a strong woman.

Why can't other women be like her. It's not fair!
"Momma?" I used to call her mum, but one day my tongue slipped, since then it just felt right.
"What if I cook dinner tonight?"

I wanted to laugh at the shock on her face. She knows I have a thing for cooking, so why is she acting like it's a new thing?

"Where did that come from? Don't expect anything in return from me Darrell!"

"It's not like that. You just seem tired."Her face softened.

" How did I end up so lucky with a son like Darrell? "

She engulfed me in a hug, which I affectionately returned. She's done so much for all of us, so it's the very least I could do. It's not easy being a single mum

" Now" I refrained from the hug.
"If you could give me some space for my alone time, I'd be really grateful"

She stood up reluctantly though, but I'm glad she respects my solitude, another thing I love her for. "Do you know something?"
She asked.

"What?"

"........ you're just like your father"
If only she knew how often she says that. She blew me a kiss before she closed the door.

I took almost 30 minutes to organize my things when my phone played my favourite EDM
Who could that be?

It was an unfamiliar number, I swiped up to answer. That's when I heard a very familiar voice.