X

Cyan

Money has been great lately between both shops but I'm an expensive girl and I been feeling the need to go back in grind mode. I took a break from tattooing to get settled in with the move but I've decided to get back in the shop.

I had a bunch of people on the waitlist so I hit those first to get them out the way and then decided to run a special. I was doing full sleeves for $300, half sleeves for $150, $25 names, $75 calf's and even decided to do 2 for $40 on all my piercings.

I know the prices were low but I knew it was going to bring me in some heavy clientele the next few weeks, and that it did. I been in the shop 16 hours a day 7 days a week for the past 3 weeks. It was worth it though, I'd already made 300,000.

I wasn't as tired as you'd expect, the money flooding my account kept me energized. I was addicted to keeping my income as high as possible. I grew up struggling and I always promised myself a better life. Now I had me and my people put up.

I was just finishing up a client and decided to take a break to get some food in my system. No matter how hard I worked Imma always make time to eat.

I cleaned my area before heading towards the front of the shop. The shop was busy, there was someone at every station. CYBAH by Syd and Lucky Daye played in the background slightly above all the chatter.

I made my way out the door, giving quick hi's to everyone I passed by. I headed towards my truck before hearing my name being called.

"Aye! Cyan!"

I turned putting my hand on my forehead shielding my eyes from the sun. My eyes narrowed at the figure standing against the wall of the shop. I rolled my eyes and continued to go to my car.

I heard chuckling then footsteps growing closer to me. I unlocked my door and swung it open before they closed it.

"What do you want, Cairo???" I snapped turning around.

"You hype with me for what? You already know I don't get down like that Esteri, fix yo shit" she said.

Cairo was my cousin. Growing up it was always me, my sisters, her and her brother Casen. 2 years ago I was out with Casen when he got shot and killed, the anniversary of his death was in 3 days so I knew why she was here.

Everybody walks on eggshells around me during this time, which is expected, but with Cairo it's different. When it came down to finding them niggas I was the only witness and I wasn't letting shit go down without me present. I made her take me when she found them niggas and I put them 6 feet.

I had no regrets, but since then she's always made sure to be directly up under my ass. Don't get me wrong I love her to death but mentally it's not a good year. Shit was hitting different now that I had opened up my second shop. I wanted so badly for him to be here to see all this, I didn't get to make him proud.

"I'm sorry, I'm just.." i trailed off looking at the ground trying not to tear up.

She smacked her teeth before pulling me into a tight hug. Her and Casen were my cousins but they were really my siblings for real. I'd lay my life down on the line for them and my auntie. If it weren't for them me and my sister would be fucked up.

My mama was in and out of jail while we were growing up and the times we did live with her it was always hell. She let her niggas hit on me and one almost touched me. When that situation happened I had no choice but to reach out to family for help and my auntie took us in. I don't know where my mama was and quite frankly I didn't give a fuck.

"Okay get off me now, i'm a gangsta I can't be slipping" i said pushing her off me.

"Girl please" she said rolling her eyes. "Where you about to go?"