Vacation

I woke up to a loud beeping sound.
I flip over and see the flashing numbers that read '8:00 am" on my alarm clock. I hit the button to silence the noise and layed on my back, staring at the ceiling.
I blinked aggressively and got out of bed, throwing on a green hoodie over my sports bra. I turned my fan off and left my room.
"Hey, goodmorning!" I heard my mom said.
"Goodmorning." I say while rubbing my face, still half asleep.
I walk into the kitchen and grab a Dr.Pepper from the fridge. I put it on the table and opened it, the crack ringing in my ears.
"Soda? This early in the morning?" I overheard my grandma say to my mom. She laughed to herself as I sat on the floor and faced the TV. My little sister, Isabella, was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) while playing with Barbies in the corner by the couch.
"Kids! Come here please." My mom yells from right in front of me.
"Yes?" I ask while scooting a bit closer to her.
"The other 2?" She asks.
My sisters gather around her while sitting on the ground.
"I have decided we are going to go on vacation!" She announces.
"Yay!" Isabella screams.
"No school!" My other sister, Kayleigh, screams.
"Where to?" I ask.
"California! We're gonna go to Universal Studios." She states.

It was my mom's biggest dream to go to Universal Studios. It looks super cool from all the pictures I've seen.

"Ugh, are we going to the BEACH?" Kayleigh groans while making a stank face.

"Gurl, you're just mad cause instead of having a beach bod, you're built like a beach BALL." I say jokingly.
"Your face looks like a beach ball!" She shouts back.

"Okay, Kayleigh, what does that even mean?" My grandma and mom ask.
"Uhhh..."
"Exactly." I state.
"Shut up." Kayleigh says.
"Don't tell your sister to shut up." My mom says.

I go back into my room to pack. I put my Spotify playlist on (no Spotify premium</3) and the song that turns on is 'Catching Feels - ppcocaine'.
I gather shirts, shorts AND jeans, underwear, swimwear, lotion, deodorant, chapstick, perfume, and any other necessities, such as my toothbrush and makeup.

I lay on my bed and unlock my phone.
I stare at a text from my best friend, Silas. "Heyyyyyy" I read. I reply back with "Hiiiii :)" and put my phone back down.

I really like him. However, anything near a romantic relationship has never worked with me. So, I'm really scared of disappointing him.

I exit my room and hideout in the bathroom. I turn the shower water on warm and play an instrumental soundtrack.
I throw my sweater off and stare at myself in the mirror.
I drop to the floor. My back against the cold walls and I rest my head against the wall aswell. Sometimes, I just don't feel real. However, it feels nice to think sometimes.

I stare at the scars on my legs. The past was horrible and remembering it breaks me. Thankfully, Silas helps me heal. I pull myself together, throw my shirt on, turn the shower off along with the music, and walk out.
"Were you taking a shower?" My mom asks.
"It was awfully short!" My grandma replies.
"I was..uh..shaving my legs." I say.
"Oh okay!" My mom responded.

There was no way for her to tell since I shaved them the day before, haha.

I went to my room and sat on the floor, I saw a light flash in the corner, I picked my phone up and noticed Silas had responded to my message.
"Wyddd?"

Do I tell him? What if my mom doesn't want people to know?

"Packing for California!" I respond.

I laugh at myself.

"California?! Dude." He replied.

"😜😜😜"

I put my phone down and stretch my legs.

"Make sure you guys are all packed before tonight! We head out in the morning!" I hear my mom shout.

Why would she tell us the day before? I laugh to myself.

I sit back on my bed, throwing my sweater off, yet again, and I lay down and slowly drift off to sleep.

"LILLIAN YOU BETTER NOT BE ASLEEP!" My mom shouts. I jump up in fear.
"I'm notttt." I say, before lowering my head again.