Elias

Elias's POV

I challenged Dimitri to a duel which he happily accepted. Once he began to stretch, so did I. I walked over towards the swords picking up two and tossing him one, watching as he perfectly caught it in his hold.

I then walked forward and got into a defensive position, watching closely while he did the same. My gaze sharpened and my breathing steadied, my gaurd never faltering.

I watched intently as he eyed me, anticipating my movements. We were both equally focused. I then stepped forward, swinging my sword to his right which he easily dodged. I then quickly swung to his left, watching him block yet again. Alright, so he had good reflexes.

He began to step forward and began to quickly swipe towards my shoulders causing me to just barely miss. I huffed and as soon as I went to swing back he wrapped his leg around my waist. My eyes widened when he turned way to quickly for my feet to keep up, causing me to stumble. I squeezed my eyes shut, preparing myself to make contact with the floor.

But..I didn't? My left eye slowly opened and I seen a smirking Dimitri hovering above me. His arm was wrapped around my lower back holding me up, my body pressed firmly against his our faces only inches apart, I could feel his hot breath fanning across my face. I felt my breath hitch and for a moment, butterflies attacked my stomach. My breathing staggered.

My eyes searched his facial features and I swear I could see a tint of heat rise within his eyes, the same heat that was in mine. Even with his clothing I could feel his muscles, his hardness. We stayed like that for another 30 seconds until I watched him shake his head and snap out of it, taking a large step away form me. I stood up straight instantly, shaking my head and gathering up my composure.

I cleared my throat. "Impressive, I'll get you next time. Let's go." I quickly spoke before he could, putting the swords away and exiting the room. I could still feel his touch burning on my body, his closeness. I hated the fact that I enjoyed it? Or maybe I didn't, I refused to let myself think that.

My pace was quick but he managed to keep up, we were both deathly silent. Not a single sound was heard except us walking along the marbled floors which I was glad of, I didn't want to speak to him.

When I was done giving the tour in silence we got back to the dining room, where our parents were just now bidding goodbye after finishing their meal. "Thank you for coming again, it was splendid. I hope you can make it to the royal Ball, we'll be sure to send over the information" my father praised and I watched, shifting around.

Dimitri stood by his parents with his foot folded over his arm, my gaze avoiding him at all costs. "It was a pleasure having you, get home safely" forced a charming smile and bid them goodbye, watching them retreat. Before my parents could speak, I did. "I'm tired, goodnight mother and father."

I then retreated up the stairs toward my bedroom, eager to be alone. As soon as I entered my room I pressed my back against my door with a soft and long breath, closing my eyes for a few moments. Tonight was hectic, and overwhelming. I pushed back my emotions and decided to shower.

So for the night I bathed and got ready for bed, slipping under the comfort of my covers and resting my head. Exhaustion began to seep itself into my body, and I was out within 15 minutes peacefully.