ʚ (3) Meaningless Apologies

//The Harrison castle//

I ran up to my room for I didn't want to see my parents any longer I wished to talk to no one, not even Yuki, I slammed my door and locked it shut. putting my back to my door and slowly sliding down it and started to cry, I've never cried this much in my life and I hated every moment of it.

out of all the princesses in the world he would pick me? as if I were some prize or a toy he would win and play with as he wished? I will refuse this wedding and so will my parents if they love me.

I hear a soft knock on the door Naomi"Go away" I demanded not caring who it was 

Paloma" Naomi that is no way to talk to your mother, now please open up my dear" 

she always spoke with a soft tone to me in private, and after all how could I be mad at her all my mother did for me was love and care.

I got up slowly opening the door, me and my mother made eye contact and then I felt her softly cup my face rubbing her thumb in a small circle on my cheek. I felt love with every small circle as I looked directly in her eyes I could tell she was sad, she dropped her hand and walked in and sat on my bed

she patted the space next to her for me to come sit next to her, I closed the door and sat next to her as she wished and laid my head in her lap as she softly played with my hair 

Paloma"I am.. I am so sorry my child" 

her voice cracking and I knew exactly what she was sorry for but my lips could not form the words to say I forgive her.

Paloma"I am so very and deeply sorry, but I need to let you know I did try. I tried to tell your father no but he didn't listen" 

I could hear the plea in her voice. It broke me to hear my mother like this.

I picked my head from her lap and looked her in the eyes, she had tears we both did. I hugged her and we sat in that hug full of silence and love to what felt to be hours she then pulled out the hug and took both of my hands in hers

Paloma"please my child for the sake of your father and our kingdom name... marry" 

I snatched my hands away how could she say such to me after pleading her apology.

Naomi"I REFUSE, I do not want to marry him and if you care and feel sorry then you won't go through with this either! mother please!" 

I cried furiously begging her and she only looked down I whipped my tears and scoffed. I was in pure disbelief.

I knew my mother wasn't one for many words cause all she knew to do was sit and look pretty and be the kings wife as if she were some object or doll but at the time she was supposed to speak the most when I needed her was when she was the most silent. I leave the room not wanting to see anymore of my mother. I go into my father's Studie before I go in, I knock for permission to be let in, and from the distance I could hear my mother's footsteps coming for me.

I got permission to go in as I open the door I walk to my father's desk and bow, he gives me the nod to speak Naomi"I don't wish to marry father" his head shot up like a lighting bolt he slammed his hands on the desk I flinched I had never seen my father get mad so quickly.

he walked over to me as I backed up from him as he got up to me and grabbed my wrist harshly 

Daniel"you don't wish to marry!?, but you will! didn't I tell you if this doesn't go right you won't see the day of light" 

his words spat at me harshly like a toxic venom and his grip around my wrist was tightening. I let out a crying scream for my father to let go 

Paloma"Daniel please stop you're hurting her can't you see!" 

my mother was crying but she didn't dare step towards him.

He threw me to the ground. I could do nothing but lay there..

I

was

scared

never in a million years would I think my father would hurt me in such a way but I was wrong 

Daniel"you will get married and you don't have any further say now get out of my sight NOW"

 my mother rushed towards me and picked me up she carried me to the dinning hall and sat me down.