Ch.1

She had the knife in her hand and I was pinned against the floor with no way to get up. She lifted up the knife and was about to, wait, that's way too far I the story. Let me start from the the beginning of it all.

September 4th-

This is it, this is the year that I change how everyone see's me. I'm not going to be that ugly "nerd", I will be the new and improved me. I stood in the mirror and was thinking of what to do with myself. I decided to put on princess pink lipstick, and false eyelashes. This is the first time that I will be wearing makeup to school and I was very excited. I had got my eyebrows waxed yesterday and bought some new cloths.

I got dressed and headed out to school. It was 7:35 and I had till 8:05 to get to school. It took about 30 minutes by foot to get there and since my family didn't really have money, I didn't have a car. I was fine with walking to school except for the one time when the Cleo and her friends drove past me and through old food at me. That was so humiliating because I didn't have enough time to go back home and change so I had to be like that for the whole day.

I must have been thinking for a long time because before I realized it, I was at school. I walked into school with so much pride, I just had a feeling that this year was going to be different. I went to my locker and was about to walk to class when someone tapped my shoulder. It was Cleo and her group.

"Hey loser. Oh my gosh, are you wearing makeup? Wow this freak thinks that if she wears makeup we will except her."

"N-no, I-I'm not wearing makeup f-for you."

"Y-yes you are. Your still ugly and you always will be, so stop trying."

And with that they walked away. I had to hold the tears in because nobody was there to wipe them away. I silently walked to each class and was glad when school was over.

Apart from wearing makeup, I  I decided to tryout for the gymnastic team. I changed into my leotard and went into the gym. When I got into the gym I saw Cleo at the Judges table. Now there is absolutely no way that I will make it on the team. But I still had to go and try out.

"Next!"

I stepped up in front of the table and was ready.

"State your name and what can you do." Cleo said.

"My name is Sarah and I can do cartwheels, round offs, front and backflips."

"Well, are you going perform or what?!"

"O-oh. Um sorry."

I went onto the mat and started my performance. I did my best and I hoped that it was good enough. I stepped off the mat and watched the other girls , to my surprise they weren't that good. After everyone had gone it was time to see who would be on the team.

"Ok everyone, now that I have seen you tryout, it's time for most of you to go home. When I call your name step up. Avery, Sarah, Jasmine, Amber, Bella, Catherine, Faya, Mya, Faith, and Emma. You are NOT on the team, so go home and cry your eyes out."

I was not all that surprised. Maybe if somebody else was coaching the tryouts then I would have made it, but with Cleo, never. I walked home with no doubt in my mind that I would forever be a loser. But I would like it if Cleo could answer me one question, what did I ever do to make her hate me?

~~Cleo's pov.~~

That little brat thought that she would make the team. Ha, not on my watch. We still could have been best friends if her ucking brother never hurt me. I cry every time I think of what happened when we were 7.