Forbidden Fruit: My Brother's Best Friend

Derek Theler is who I'm picturing to play Jackson. At least his build anyway.

Enjoy!
***

Camille

I take a deep breath and stare down at my phone in my hands. I can't believe I'm about to do it. I'm really about to tell him how I feel. How I've felt for years now. Here goes everything.

Me: I'm not expecting a reply and I know the feelings are not mutual but I think you're hot. I have for a while now. I know you just see me as your best friend's younger sister and I get that but Jackson there's just something about you. The way my body reacts to you. I've never had these thoughts and my body's never reacted to anyone like this before. I understand this is a lot and you might not even want to be around me after this but I just had to say it.

And send.

Oh my god.

I throw my phone on my pillow face down and roll over, burying my face in one of the many other pillows on my bed and let out a very audible shriek. I can't believe I just did that. I can't believe I just told Jackson how I've felt about him all these years.

I've always been so good at keeping my feelings in check when I'm around him. There was no way I could let it be known that I'm hot for my brother's best friend. Of course Jordan would never let me live it down and plus I never wanted to make it awkward for anyone but now? Now Jackson is away at college and I'm taking the chance to finally tell him. In a way, it feels like a weight has lifted.

Getting off my bed and looking at myself in my full length mirror, I let out a sigh. I'm wearing an over sized t shirt with boy shorts and my hair is up in a messy bun. The boy shorts damn near disappeared because of the size of my thighs and the shirt is trying its best to hide just how big my breasts are but failing.

Yeah there's no way Jackson sees me the way I see him. I've seen the type of girls he goes for and they definitely do not look like me. I'm a "bigger" girl. I've always been told that I would look so much better if I'd just "lose some weight".

I reach my fingers to the bottom of the t shirt and pull it up, revealing my stomach that pudges out and the stretch marks traveling up to my set of F cups. Turning to the side, I get a view of my back rolls. Definitely my worst insecurity. And just like that, deep regret starts to set in and anxiety creeps up my spine.

"Fuckkkkk." I groan and head out of my room and to the kitchen for a drink.

Relax. What's the worst that could happen? Jackson travels all the way from college to tell me he wants nothing to do with me and that I'm crazy? Not likely.

Ding dong.

The doorbell rings, "I got it!" Jordan yells from somewhere in the house. Ignoring him and heading to the door, I stand on my tip toes to look through the peep hole and my jaw immediately drops.

Jackson.

What the fuck is he doing here?

He's patiently waiting for the door to be answered with a bag hanging off of his shoulder in sweat pants and a hoodie and is- oh shit- he's looking at his phone. His eyebrows are knotted together with confusion on his face and I can only guess why.