OS 2.2: Here We Go Again

As Manjari watched the three of them lost in conversation, a growing wave of anger and frustration welled up inside her. Akshara's calm smile, suggesting a life free from the past, sharply contrasted with the powerful grip it still had on her son Abhimanyu. His unyielding love and constant efforts to win Akshara's affection seemed to keep him firmly tethered to the shadows of the past. This contradiction only fueled Manjari's resentment.

Manjari sensed that Akshara remained oblivious to the emotional turmoil she had caused. It seemed as if she carried no sense of responsibility for the three profound losses—Neil and the twins. Determined not to let Akshara emerge victorious in this emotional battleground, Manjari decided that her son deserved someone who could comprehend his pain and provide steadfast support. Someone who wouldn't shy away from the complexities of his past.

In her unwavering gaze, Manjari identified Arohi as the answer. Despite Abhimanyu's repeated rejections, Arohi found it within herself to forgive him. Her selfless decision to remain at the Birla residence for Ruhi's sake showcased a rare sense of altruism. Manjari believed that Ruhi, in her innocent happiness, brought a genuine smile to Abhimanyu's face. The prospect of Abhimanyu and Arohi coming together presented the opportunity for him to truly become Ruhi's father, bringing joy into their lives.

If only Manjari could discern the stark disparity between genuine love and obsessive fixation. Arohi's purported selflessness in staying at the Birla house concealed a veil of cunning and selfish motives, driven by an unrelenting desire to be close to Abhimanyu at any cost. Unfortunately, Manjari remained oblivious to Arohi's facade of being the perfect mother and daughter-in-law. In reality, it was a charade, and the genuine caretakers of Ruhi were Abhimanyu and Manjari, not Arohi.

Seizing the opportune moment, Manjari approached Mimi with a proposal that sent ripples through the gathering. "I've been thinking," she began with a calculated smile, "what if we consider getting Abhimanyu and Arohi married?"

Arohi, masking her true emotions with a shocked expression, responded, "What? Married?" The attempt at surprise didn't fool many, and an air of disbelief swept through the room.

Abhimanyu found himself in a state of shock as the revelation unfolded. He had communicated to his mother that he had no intentions of marrying again, particularly not Arohi. Their relationship, in his eyes, was strictly professional, akin to colleagues. The decision was not solely rooted in his past with Arohi, marked by her deceptive actions and pretense, but also driven by a desire to shield Ruhi from potential confusion and probing questions.

Abhimanyu's gaze shifted towards Akshara, a subtle fear lingering that she might misinterpret his intentions, assuming he desired to marry Arohi. To his surprise, Akshara appeared unaffected, deeply engrossed in hushed conversations with Harsh and Manik. Her demeanor suggested a profound amusement as if she found delight in the unfolding chaos.

Meanwhile, Harsh, facepalming in frustration, muttered, "I should have known Manjari would stir up drama."

Observing the unfolding spectacle, Akshara shook her head, almost amused by the chaos. Manik, leaning towards Harsh, whispered, "Akshara warned me that something dramatic was going to happen. Seems like birthday parties never go without a bit of drama."

Thankfully, the intrusive conversation went unnoticed by the other guests. Mimi, sensing the tension escalating, decided it was time to wrap up the party. She addressed the guests with gratitude, "Thank you all for being here, but it's getting late. I appreciate your presence, but we should conclude the celebration now."

As the guests departed, Mimi turned to Manjari, her expression stern. "How could you do this without discussing it with us first?" she questioned, disappointment evident in her voice.