𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑰𝑽- 𝑨𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝑫𝒂𝒚

As Penelope made her way to the kitchen, she realized just how normal this life was starting to become. This version of herself, Penelope Addams- at least it's only her last name that's changed- was much alike to her normal self, Penelope Marlowe. Except, it seemed that Addams had all the privileges and hobbies Marlowe had wanted had she had the money. Addams' memories were of dance classes, fencing lessons with her father, singing opera with her aunt, playing the piano with Lurch, designing clothes with her mother, etc. 

This life seemed pretty enjoyable, but would she be able to go back to her other life? Was she missing at this very moment because she was here instead?

・・・

Soon enough, she found the kitchen where her aunt sat patiently, reading a newspaper while sipping her coffee. Penelope had fond memories of her aunt Anastasia, though she was considered a bit strange by everyone else since she was the "normal" one. The family loved her nonetheless and it was a surprise that Gomez hadn't accidentally killed her yet, but she imagined that her aunt still carried a streak of that Addams peculiarity that kept her alive.

"Morning, Ana." Penelope greeted in a more normal tone now that she was more immersed in her role as Penelope Addams.

"Morning, my dear. Your breakfast is over there. I had to promise Lurch that I wouldn't tell your parents he made it." She said with a triumphant smile as she pointed to a covered silver platter on the kitchen counter.

"Right, thank you." She responded calmly, hiding her brief moment of surprise at literally being served with a silver platter. Back in her apartment, she would have probably had a cup of coffee and some toast for breakfast. Instead, a plate of pancakes, a bowl of fruit, and a side of scrambled eggs hid underneath the covering. Anastasia always made it a point to give her normal food when her parents were away since, as a doctor, she worried about Penelope's nutrition. However, it wasn't all that necessary considering that the Addams family peculiarity seemed to keep them alive and healthy- for the most part.

She took the platter with her and sat at the empty chair across from her aunt. Anastasia put her newspaper down and placed her elbows up on the table to prop her head up. There was a teasing smile on her lips and Penelope knew that meant she was about to be nosy. "So... anyone at school you think is cute?"

Penelope glanced up at her, annoyed. Though she was now in a high schooler's body, mentally, she still felt 20, and even if she did like anyone from her high school, she probably wouldn't do anything about it. Everyone at her school seemed to keep away from her, again, because of the peculiarity of her family. Of course, no one in this town ever saw the truth, all they saw was "goth weirdos."

"Um... no, not really," she answered in a bored tone, hoping that would make her aunt drop the subject.

"What a pity. Crushes are always fun," her aunt remarked casually before continuing with the subject, much to Penelope's dismay. "You know, a family is moving to Forks from Alaska pretty soon. One of them is going to be a doctor here. I met him when he was interviewed about a week ago and let me tell you... he is a fine man. And he's such a gentleman. No one in this town could compare." Anastasia's eyes were practically hearts as she went on about him before finishing with, "He's married, sadly."

"Interesting..." Penelope commented in a disinterested tone while she kept eating, cleverly disguising her actual interest and shock. A family from Alaska and a doctor among them? She couldn't jump to conclusions just yet but how far off could she be? Her mind was reeling at the possibility of actually seeing the Cullens in the flesh- or stone, whatever they were made up of. "And what's this doctor's name?"

Anastasia smiled before sighing dreamily. "Carlisle Cullen."

The way she said it almost made Penelope laugh aloud, but she couldn't bear to do that to her aunt. She bit down on her lip to keep from laughing before composing herself. "Well, um, I hope his family can settle down comfortably in our little town. Would you excuse me for a moment?"