Beginning

Liana had always found the concept of love to be fascinating. She had spent countless hours contemplating its meaning and had ultimately concluded that it was nothing more than a figment of the imagination. To her, love seemed like something out of fantasy books and fairy tales, a mere illusion created to sell products and persuade people to settle for mundane lives devoid of excitement and accomplishment.

Her perspective was shaped by her own experiences, as the world had not provided her with any evidence to the contrary. In her view, perfection only existed within the confines of a written narrative, hence the term "love story."

Liana was a force to be reckoned with, known for her unwavering dedication to her passions, whether it was dominating the Quidditch field, excelling in her studies, or perfecting her wandwork. Having grown up in the bustling city of London, surrounded by non-magical folk, Liana found solace in the enchanting world of wizardry, where she discovered a realm brimming with wonder and excitement.

The monotonous rhythm of London life, with its endless sea of gray days and the relentless pursuit of material possessions, had left her disillusioned. She observed the ceaseless pursuit of the latest gadgets, the flashiest cars, and the grandest homes, all to impress others and gain social status. The clattering of heels against the concrete and cobblestone streets, the rush of the nine-to-fivers, and the never-ending race to keep up had become all too familiar to her.

London was a city of contrasts for Liana. She found solace in the scent of rain-soaked streets and the grand architecture, but she couldn't shake her distaste for the superficiality of the people who populated its bustling thoroughfares.

One of the main reasons she felt at home in London was its vibrant fashion scene. The elegant clothing and the poised women who wore them captivated her. From a young age, she had aspired to emulate their grace and sophistication.

In a world that often felt monochrome, Liana's appearance was a source of vibrant color in her life. Her lustrous, dark hair resembled freshly brewed coffee, and she took great pride in its health and thickness. Typically styled in loose curls, she often pinned up the top part to let the remaining strands flow just below her shoulders, framing her face in a half-up, half-down style. Her hair was her most prized possession, radiating health and sheen.

She loved the way it complimented her ivory skin, light freckles painted across her cheeks, and her deep blue eyes. She often wore a form fitting button up shirt accompanied by a perfectly pressed vest or a sweater, a snug skirt hugging her quite square and childish figure until just above her knees. The rest of her legs were covered in sheer tights and loafers or boots upon her feet. Gold or pearls to finish the look and a long coat of medium length blazer to protect from a breeze or colder weather. Many of her peers were shocked such a young girl could embody such a graceful and polished attitude.

When she had received her letter summoning her to the large castle that was Hogwarts, she was beyond elated. Her father had told her stories of the majestic and very magical place that had her eyes alight and her heart longing to one day follow in his footsteps. She was happily whisked away to start her adventure. Her face brimmed with excitement at all the shopping for magical school supplies, it was so novel to her.

Her first year was one of foundation, outlining what her future at the school would look like. As she sat on the stool in the grand hall on her first day, the suspense was tangible as she hung on every word the grouchy brown hat had to say while exploring the corners of her mind. Unsurprisingly she was sorted to Slytherin, as an uproar of applause filled the room around her. She let out a monumental sigh of relief as she was happily welcomed to the table with open arms, she felt a sense of pride already following in her beloved father's footsteps just as she'd hoped.

She was seated next to an abrasive and snarky young lady by the name of Imelda. The two were roommates, and not long after, best friends. Liana did love the polarity of Imelda's blatant, harshly honest, and loud personality to her sophisticated, and shy one. Imelda's love of Quidditch had contagiously rubbed off on her only bringing the two of them closer and helping Liana to start to emerge from her shell, let loose a little, and occasionally get a little messy. When she wasn't in the library or off drilling spells into her mind, she was on the Quidditch field. Most of the time with Imelda, but more often than not, by herself either clearing her mind or just bathing in the feeling of the cool or sometimes stingingly cold air nipping at her nose and ears, numbing her fingertips.

By her third year, she had been accepted as Slytherin's beloved seeker. Her busy schedule had made sure she had little to no free time. Imelda had become much more persistent about practicing, shifting her academic and sports life balance.

Despite her love of her appearance, Liana found herself feeling like sort of an ugly duckling in her first 3 years. Much to her dismay, she had remained remarkably childlike. While her peers had grown into their more... adult features, she grew taller but not quite filling out. She felt unwelcome isolation as everyone else had bonded over the new hormones and the changing dynamic of her classmates, something she couldn't understand or take part in.

Over time she began to not let it affect her, pushing down the negative feelings seemed the best way to deal with it. She actually found it quite practical on the Quidditch field, until the boys around had started to treat her as one of the guys or periodically making an inappropriate comment, something along the lines of

"She's more of a little brother to me than my actual brother is."

She'd be lying if she said it hadn't stung. She loved feeling feminine and beautiful, of course she didn't want to be compared to a young boy. It irked her that after a win for Slytherin where she caught the snitch, she would often be lifted by her teammates while most didn't even register the unbelievable about of groping happening. But she shoved those feelings out of her mind and replaced them with the rush and pride of victory. It almost didn't matter, she had built amazing friendships and relationships with her peers and teammates.

She had grown particularly close with the co-captain of her team. A young man named Elias, she never felt as though he made her uncomfortable. They would joke and laugh, and play fight. Messing around he would toss her over his shoulder so she couldn't strike him back. The two were very close, nowhere near as inseparable as her and Imelda, but a close second. Elias was her friend who understood her love and dedication to her many academic and extracurricular pursuits and he never made her feel ridiculous for not wanting to go out.

Her lack of will to be part of the partying scene had helped her to maintain stellar grades in her classes, often having to tutor her friends or fellow classmates, including Eli who focused more on the social aspects of school. But she wouldn't say she never went out, usually making a trip to The Three Broomsticks for the celebration of the Slytherin Quidditch victory.

She had strived for the top of her classes earning Slytherin many house points, however a certain blonde haired blind boy often rivaling her score had irritated her. Instead of choosing to be abrasive, as her best friend would have, she found herself exchanging tips and notes with a one Ominis Gaunt. Liana knew she could learn a thing or two and ultimately decided on the 'if you can beat them, join them' motto.

Their mutual aptitude for knowledge and skill a common trait, which blossomed into a friendship. They began to discuss other topics than academics and shared details about their lives. She was very much enjoying her new companion, but was unaware that he came as a packaged deal. He had promptly introduced her to his other half and brother-like oldest friend.

Sebastian Sallow.

———————————————————

Thank you so much for reading if you're seeing this!
This is my first attempt at writing I've ever done! 
Constructive criticism is appreciated!