twenty-six.

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

kali and makayla walked to jack's apartment, talking as they did. jack had sent her a text to say the door was unlocked, and the two girls let themself in. the apartment was silent apart from the sound of running water, and kali made her way to the bathroom, knocking on the door.

''jack?'' she yelled.

''kali?'' 

''yeah, it's me.''

''did you talk to makayla?'' he called, his voice muffled by the water.

kali didn't understand what her boyfriend had said, and she looked at makayla in confusion. the brunette was stood further away, meaning she didn't hear and just shrugged helplessly.

''what?'' 

''just come in here!'' 

kali looked at makayla. ''are you okay waiting in the living room?''

''yeah, of course.''

makayla turned back towards the living room, and kali went into the bathroom. the brunette girl guessed he was going to ask about her, and she wanted to know what was being said, but she trusted kali in what she said.

she sat on the couch, her hands on her knees. she wanted to lean back and get comfortable, but nerves were stopping her. she had an idea - a plan - and she wanted to go through with it, but she was nervous incase jack or kali didn't want to. makayla decided that, even if they didn't, she was going to get somebody else to help her.

she wanted to make chris hurt in the way he had hurt her.

she was thinking about the details of her plan when she heard the bathroom door. she instinctively turned towards it, and saw the blonde girl leaving, laughing at something her boyfriend had said. he emerged from the bathroom a few seconds after, dressed and smiling at kali. the two of them came to the living room and the boy smiled.

''you alright?''

makayla nodded. ''yeah, you?''

''i am now that you and kal are friends again. i felt like i was a fucking third wheel with the amount she spoke about you.''

she laughed. ''sorry.''

he smiled, sitting on the couch opposite. kali sat next to him, and he hung his arm loosely over her shoulders. 

''kal said you have a plan or something?'' jack said.

''yeah, but if one of you feel uncomfortable with it, we don't have to do it.''

''tell us.''

''okay, um, you know chris sturniolo?''

he nodded. 

''well, me and him were sleeping together but it was kinda more than that because we were exclusive and i liked him and then basically he saw me talking to you at the party and he got mad and then the next day he told me that he slept with kali at the party-''

''we didn't, though.'' the blonde said quickly. ''i was with you, babe.''

''i believe you.'' he replied, pulling her in slightly before looking back at makayla. ''carry on.''

''well, i believed him the entire time because that's such a fucking dumb thing to lie about and now i know he was lying and i'm not just hurt, i'm angry and i want him to feel that so...will you pretend to sleep with me?''

both jack and kali looked at her blankly, and then at each other. the blonde girl nodded once, and then they both looked back at her.

''explain.'' he said.