Perspective

"Psalms 146:8, The Lord gives sight to the blind, the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down, the Lord loves the righteous." This was the last verse discussed on tonight's bible study which the bookstore owner Alexander held for the religious folks in the small town because it was too small for an actual church and even if it was big enough it didn't have too many roads so making one would either make it to far away from people or the local police station. The only place for one to be made was his little bookstore which he couldn't part ways with.

While putting away the chairs and wishing everyone a great week he remembered the argument he had with a local businessman. He stated that since the junkyard used to be, there was government property, and they have full ownership to destroy it and replace it with a skyscraper or as they say a church. Alexander knew their real intentions because the town over was once a nice villa where he lived until the suits came by and paid everyone to leave and replace it with housing. They finally got him when he heard of his niece Tina's passing and ended up selling his house to go live and keep up his niece's work. They came from him again but Alexander wouldn't go down again so he rebuilt the junkyard into a bookstore and explained to them in not-so-nice words to go away.

Some court dates later and the junkyard was his to do as he pleased but he had to pay an extra sum of money to the government for about twenty-four months and then never again. The nerve of these guys was unreal but understandable because after a short while the newly renovated bookstore or as the people of the town have called it Tinas Books and Junk although the sign above the store just said Tina's Library. Some kids have even gone and given the name the librarby because of some inside joke that he never truly understood. Anyways none of these names have been said in a while cause people rarely come on by.

The new litter of people are stuck on phones and will end up being like the bigwigs that wanna turn this place into another parking lot which he won't allow. But some good ones like a small child and his father sometimes come in wearing matching neon green tank tops. The dad is kind and rather funny, the kind of guy you can talk to for hours and hours at a time and never get bored. The kid was quiet and only answered to his father as boss when called upon. This kid by the way was looking around the store, never missing a book and picking some as he walked. He was what Alexander called an observer which in other terms was a type of person who loved books and would one day be fantastic at whatever he did. After they left and the dad paid extra because in his words "You never see book stores adays so take this as thanks for keeping this alive" left and wasn't seen since.

The joy of people like this made Alexander forget that he was putting away his small foldable table into his cramped and somewhat dirty closet and as such made him bump into the Christmas decorations box and had a plethora effect of the other boxes fall on him at the same time. After the "grand kerfuffle he put himself in" as Tina used to say. He smiled at this memory and laughed off his fall looking for his glasses. Although while looking for them all he found was his hand filled with a prickly sensation and he didn't need to see to understand that he was bleeding. He stood up and slowly walked his way to the front desk hoping that there wasn't too much blood on the carpet and slowly but painfully pulled out the glass and bandaged himself up.

He then grabbed his extra lens from the drawer and held it in front of his face until he could grab his glasses and clean up all of the now broken ornaments. What he found though was his glasses broken in two and pieces of glass scattered nearby. After painstakingly shoving all of the boxes back he looked at his glasses and wondered if they could be fixed but after some searching he found that a part of the outer lens seemed to up and disappear. He didn't question and instead went to the back door which led to a staircase up the bookstore that Alexander called home.

There was some nice stuff about living where you work, like if you cut your hands at work you don't have to drive home and properly bandage yourself there you can just bandage yourself which is what Alexander did as soon as he stepped inside his small home. There of course was some bad that came with living where you work like the cleaning of your work being one of many newer chores and the occasional big wig that comes by with an offer of a lifetime.