Chapter 26

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 26

Sawyer

My first thought was to find Madeline and make sure she was okay. Then I thought better of it. I'm a little too volatile at the moment to treat her the way she needs. I don't want to hurt her anymore than she already has been.

Chelsea and Mom have her. From what Dad and Blake said, she is in good hands. I'm grateful for that. I don't know if I am in any state of mind to give her what she needs. I want to be the man she deserves but at the same time I want to be the man who beats the hell out of the man who hurt her.

Today, that was Roan.

Walking into the house, we didn't go in search of the girls, instead we went in search of Reese and Roan. Finding them in the front greeting room, it took every ounce of energy I had to not beat the hell out of Roan. All I could see was red.

Reese and Nate stood on either side of him, neither of them looked too happy about their job. Wyatt was standing at the fireplace as if was the bouncer of the room. It was after we got into the room when I saw Molly, Sarah, Bailey and Kayleigh sitting across from them glaring at Roan.

They must have had a family meeting about his little escape. For some reason I don't think it went the way he thought it would. By the look on the women's faces, I'd say I'm not the only one looking to do some ass kicking.

Nothing like a room full of women you're related to pissed as hell with you. Grumbling under my breath, I get Blake's attention, "I'm glad they aren't my problem."

"Don't be so sure they aren't. You aren't out of the woods yet, kid. Keep your head," he reminds me.

"What's the matter, Drake? Your little girlfriend decide she lost her taste for you already? You turned out to be a 'one and done', huh?" That snarky grin hit me wrong. And after what Roan pulled on Wyatt on the island, I figured out real fast what he meant.

"You son of a..." lunging toward him, Blake and Matt got in my way with Reese and Nate holding Roan in his seat.

"He's playing with you! Step back!" Matt tried to get me to back off.

"You don't get it. He videoed Madeline and I last night. He... I'm guessing he put it up on the web like he did with Hunter and Wyatt." All of them turned their heads to look at Roan. Like the idiot he is, he's laughing like a loon.

I can't say how desperately I want to bash his face in. Pushing me back a step then another. It took all of Blake's weight against mine to keep me from going after Roan. When he had me at the doorway, he blocked me out of the room.

"I'm not letting you back in until you cool down," Blake quietly told me.

"I have every right to beat the hell out of him," the words ground through my teeth as I pushed against Blake.

"Not arguing with you. But this isn't the time or the way. Trust me, Madeline needs you," that got through.

I stopped pushing against him and breathed heavily. Doing everything I could to get myself to calm down. Nodding to Blake that I was good, we walked back in.

"I have to say, Drake, she is talented," laughing again, my fists clenched.

"Don't do it," Blake whispered in my ears as we entered the room. "I know you want to, so do I. He's not worth it. Matt will get it taken down and he will get what's coming to him. Don't let him get to you."

Roan sat there so privileged, with his cocky smirk on his face, and this knowing look in his eyes that said he knew I had been told to restrain myself. Fucker!