1

Prologue: A Week With A Star

The clear and crisp printed-out pictures stood out against the bright, and elegantly white meeting table.

Despite the heated glares that faced Ray Anderson, she nonchalantly picked them up, sifting through all of the scandalous frames one by one.

"Wow! Whoever made these pictures sure knows how to Photoshop! One day, I'd hope for my skills to get to this level."

A bunch of scoffs and shouts of disbelief rang around the room full of people at her statement.

Her non-believable claim against the pretty convincing allegations.

The manager of the group, of whom one of the members she was dating and had arranged this gathering, spoke up- looking at her with nothing but disgust and disappointment in his eyes.

"So you mean to tell me these pictures of you gallivanting with a man that isn't your boyfriend, proving your infidelity, aren't real? They were all fabricated?"

Ray looked up to everyone in the room. All the members of her boyfriend's group and some of their staff were looking at her with a look of hatred, some even daring to give her victorious smirks, as if this predicament amused them.

Although, she didn't care about them. She only zoomed in on the facial expressions of the only person she wanted to believe her. To believe that what they had was too strong for her to even think of ruining as if it was nothing.

There he was, huddled and cradled by a few of his members, his face leaning against one's shoulder with bloodshot eyes and tears actively rolling down his cheeks. He still managed to look ethereal to her.

And yet, he believed them. He believed everyone over her before she could even do anything about it.

Clenching her jaw and shielding her heart, she looked away to the side and slowly stood up.

" You know what? I don't need this.", she muttered into the air without maintaining eye contact with anyone.

She wandered down the hallway and headed out of the famous building with clenched fists. She didn't need this humiliation, these allegations, this distrust.

The phone in her Jean pocket began to buzz with social media notifications, each vibration rolling in continuously as if she was encountering countless mosquitos around her. She could bet a big sum of her life savings that it had something to do with what she just encountered.

With a heavy sigh, she left a piece of her as the automatic glass doors closed behind her. That was the day she swore that she would never open up to another again.

-------

NEXT CHAPTER RELEASE: 14/02/2024

Hey guys. Thank you for taking time to read this book and stay tuned for what's about to come!