Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"Want to join us?", Kiyoshi asked Jay with what Ray noticed to be a smile that did not quite reach his eyes.

"Why would I risk getting in trouble to join you two in doing something so childish?", Jay harshly answered as he glared at the ball by their feet as if it was disgusting and below his level.

"Well, nobody asked you to come here and be a rude bitch-" The start of Ray's reprimanding speech to Jay was cut off by Kiyoshi pushing his hand to cover her mouth once again. He was never the one to want to see a fight breaking out between people so he did as best as he could to prevent one from happening at that moment, no matter how hurtful Jay's statement was.

Jay knew how much the topic of childhood and growing up too quickly, to even get to do silly things like their agemates, was a sore topic to both Kiyoshi and Rio. Instead of guiding them as someone who was a tad older and had similar experiences, he made sure to throw jabs from time to time as if admonishing them for choosing the idol life the way he did.

"What the- Kiyoshi! Why'd you do that again? Do you wish to die by my hands?" This time, Kiyoshi could not save himself as he felt Ray push his head roughly to the side the way typical siblings would, causing him to break from his criss-cross sitting position and fall in the direction his head was going with his foot high up in the air.

"Ow! If I get a scar I'm suing!", the fallen Kiyoshi shouted, or more like whined, to Ray as he rubbed the part he landed on.

"Shut up, will you?"

Jay was still staring at them in silence. It seemed that they had gone into their own universe and completely forgot about him. Shaking his head slightly, he turned around and went back to his mattress. If those two fighting Chihuahuas got busted with the ruckus they were making, he wanted nothing to do with it.

Hours passed by and it was finally morning. The two had managed to convince each other to go to bed after playing for a bit more when Jay had left. They did not notice when he left and frankly, neither of them could give any less fucks to give for that boy.

"Wakey, wakey everyone! Time to get up and enjoy this beautiful day!", a loud voice happily shouted from above them.

Yejun had stepped into the room and woke the lot lying sleeping on the floor. Jaesung and Minjun woke up with no struggles compared to the other two who barely got three hours of sleep. Ray and Kiyoshi simultaneously let out groans at the loud noise Yejun was making. All they wanted to do was sleep until dusk.

As Ray tossed and turned trying to get herself to wake up, she thought about the last conversation of the night that she had with Kiyoshi.

"Do you not like him or something?", Ray asked as they were on their last round of playing with the ball and took the final break before going back to sleep. They both reeked of sweat but they did not care, already having the sleep that they'd been avoiding hitting them at full force.