004, my beautiful girl

OK, LOVE YOU BYE!
003. my beautiful girl

THE RAF OF LAUREL ISN'T SOMETHING IM EXPECTING TO WALK INTO. me and Seth deliberating even just spending the night in the car, but alas as I creak the door open to reveal an angry Laurel ( a sight that you don't ever want to see) — a scoff leaves her mouth.

The other four turn and look at me, Conrad slouched on one of the benches. The rest look like dogs with tails between their legs.

" and where the hell have you been?" Laurel asks her attention focused on me, and I look to Seth.

" Seth dropped me back, there wasn't enough room in the Jeep for all of us." I explain with one of the smiles that usually smoothes things over but this time doesn't seem to work .

I feel Seth inhale, " I wasn't drinking Mrs Conklin-" his choice of words make me wince slightly.

" it's Miss Park." she corrects him in a tense voice, I turn to look at him with a tight semi-apologetic smile. He didn't know. Having onto encountered Laurel in small talk and polite conversation when he was here.

Me and Seth walk to join the others. Tails between our legs in a similar fashion. I cross my arms as I sit by Conrad.

" I hope you realise this night could have ended a lot differently if your family wasn't your family." She tells us.

We all look at each other, nodding our heads at her words " we're sorry Laurel." I hum, offering a soft smile which she gently returns.

" Just..go to bed guys." she tells us, everyone beginning to disperse.

I look up to Seth as he begins to walk towards the door he only entered a few moments ago.

" Seth." she says as she looks at him, he looks slightly embarrassed as he nods his head " thank you for getting Ellie home safe."

His eyes flicker from her to me, lips gently curving into a smile as he watches me " of course."

And then he slips out the door. And I stand up, walking towards the living room — breaking up from everyone else who heads to the staircase by the kitchen as I notice my mom.

The soft hue of the light in the living room lights up her face, one of the crocheted blankets covers her as I walk over. Sitting on the small area beside her where she isn't lying.

" what's all that shouting?" she's tired, beginning to sit up yet doesn't seem to get enough strength to.

My hand extending to grab ahold of the one she holds out for me " Laurel's mad that we went to a party."

she hums, as I exhale " and that the boys got picked up the boys for drinking." I must admit I say that quieter as she begins to fall back into her sleep. I smile and move to push back some loose strands of her hair that fall in front of her eyes.

" I'm going to head to bed." I tell her and she nods,

The hold on my hand tightens as I look to my mom who smiles gently through closed eyes at me " goodnight my beautiful girl."

I smile as I lift our hands and press my lips softly to the back of her hand  " night mama." I say it in the same way I have done ever since I was old enough to form the words.

Getting up as I notice Laurel, her smile soft yet looks more sad than usual — I walk over and give her a side hug, cheek momentarily resting on her shoulder.

" I'll make sure she gets to bed." she tells me, like she can tell I'm worried about it. But I shake my head

" don't worry, she looks peaceful enough." I tell Laurel who strokes my hair " night Ellie."