The walk

Hey guys, I've had this story in my drafts for some time now and I thought to myself, why not share this with people who can appreciate it? So here it is. This takes place after the events of the empty grave during the walk they take. Enjoy <3. I am gonna have tons of free time in a month or so, so let me know if you want me to do another one

Disclaimer: In case you haven't guessed, I don't own these characters and don't own the art either. (throws black glitter in all your faces cuz who doesn't love black and glitter :) )

Slowly, carefully, I picked up the necklace and hung it around my neck. Then I put on my jacket and ran for the stairs. I never did care too much about how I looked, so long as I was neat and presentable. If you were being chased down a stairway by a changer, the first thing you would think about would hardly be whether or not your hair looked good with rubbish in it. Today, however, was different. While I still kept my hair tied up, I glanced briefly at my reflection in the mirror above my bed, and, nodding my head in approval, I darted down the flight of stairs. Upon reaching the landing I saw Lockwood already there wearing trousers and his flamboyant new coat, making me feel rather underdressed all of a sudden. Hesitating only slightly, I picked my rapier from the rack and made my way toward where he was standing. As I approached him, he saw me and his eyes lit up with amusement as he saw the necklace hanging around my neck. I smiled at him and he flashed one of his 'light up the world' smiles my way.

 "You came." He said, happiness evident in his voice

 "Of course I did. And you knew I would the whole time." I replied, grinning and stepping toward the door. 

"Guilty as charged." He opened the door, moving aside to let me go first 

"After you milady." I stepped out, breathing in the fresh air. It was dark, but not dark enough yet. The perfect time to take a stroll. Lockwood shut the door behind us and we fell into sync, walking side by side. We were silent, but it wasn't an awkward one. I hadn't a clue where we were headed but I followed him anyway. We hadn't gone very far when I decided to bring the topic up.

 "Lockwood. Wait." I said, reaching out for his arm to stop him

 "What is it?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at my flustered face

 "We need to talk." I stated

 "I can tell something is worrying you. What do you want to talk about?" He said, taking my hand in his and gesturing ahead as an indication to continue walking.[8:39 PM]

"Its something the skull initially brought up but I noticed it later as well..." "What is it? Is it something I do? Because almost everything I did used to annoy the skull before it left so its not a very good argu-" 

"Lockwood why do you want to die?" I said, getting straight to the point. He fell silent. I took it as an opening to continue 

"You're always throwing yourself out there lockwood. Taking risks and almost dying everytime we're on the field. Why do you do it? What went so terribly wrong that you don't want to live even for us?" He still didn't speak. I waited for a bit and when it became clear that he wasn't going to answer, I stopped him again and hugged him, wrapping my arms around his chest. He hugged me back, holding onto me for life 

"I had nothing to live for then luce. Everybody close to me ended up dead. It wasn't fair that all of them left me to deal with the pain. All on my own. While I don't wish to physically kill myself luce, the anger let's loose in a way. I'm really sorry if I made you feel unwanted Lucy when it was in fact, the exact opposite luce. I love you and I don't want to lose you." 

"I'll forgive you as long as I don't wake up one morning to find you dying on me." I said, smiling lightly

 "I can't guarantee that I won't luce." He said, pulling away with his arms still around me "I could die accidentally. In that case, it won't technically be my faul-" He didn't finish because at that moment I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him lightly on his lips. I started to pull away but he pulled me back by the waist and kissed me again. He deepened the kiss and i melted against him. It was in that moment, safe in his arms, that i realised that we could overcome any barrier. Together...