Untitled Part 3

Hey guys! Thank you so so much for the 25 reads. I am eternally grateful to you beautiful people!! I have not gotten any comments yet which is a bummer but I'm sure I'll get many in the future. Here's another story, happy reading!\

( Throws some more black glitter in your faces along with choco chip cookies)

Disclaimer- Yeah, I totally own all these characters (Sarcasm intended). No, i don't own them or the art. I'm not creative enough

I shut my eyes and let out a deep breath, allowing my senses to take full control. I ran my hand along the walls of the house, drifting slowly into the past. A voice. Male. Calling. Repeating the same words over and over. I walked in the direction of the voice, slowly up the stairs to the first floor of the house. I reached the landing and the voice stopped. I opened my eyes, snapping back to reality. A few feet from where I stood was a faint apparition. Faint at first but growing more opaque as it approached me. I pulled out my rapier as a backup. I didn't plan to use it, not just yet.  

"Talk to me." I whispered to it, moving slightly closer "I can help you" 

"I....need..." The ghost whispered back with an echo. An echo that confirmed its existence in a world different from mine.

"What do you need? Tell me. Loudly and clearly, there won't be anyone like me in the future. Open up to me and we can fulfill your desires." I spoke to it in a soothing voice, the way a mother would a child

"I need..... I need your pain!" The ghost snarled out, lunging at me. 

"Hard way it is then." I darted to the side and slashed through the figure with my rapier. It deformed for a few seconds before reforming again. I plunged my sword into the area where its heart would be if it had one. I twisted my rapier and stabbed inward. A ward knot. The ghost vanished instantly. 

" Why can't you guys just cooperate. Saves us all tons of time and effort"I let out a breath and stowed away my rapier, only to find the ghost reforming in the room opposite where I stood

"Impossible.." I whispered under my breath "Lockwood! Upstairs please. Now!" I tried to put urgency in my voice, without yelling. He must've had the reflexes of a ninja for only seconds later I heard footsteps on the stairs and Lockwood appeared by my side. You must be wondering why I didn't call out to him before hand. Well, Lockwood expressed clear disapproval of my method of talking first killing later, so I tended to exclude him from my little private sessions with ghosts.

"I'll keep it distracted, you secure the source. That is, if you've managed to locate it?" He said, handing me a silver net and drawing his rapier. I nodded. I had a rough idea as to where the source would be. The spot where the apparition reformed

The ghost lunged and I ducked under it, letting Lockwood do the fighting. Running to the room, I got onto my hands and knees and began searching. What I was looking for exactly, I had no clue. Loose planks maybe.  I checked every floorboard and I hit one that felt hollow. Bingo. Smashing it with my boot, I picked out a clock. A tiny one that was black and had little legs as well. I covered it with the net, and outside the noises stopped.

"It's gone!" Lockwood called. Standing up, I headed out. But I stopped halfway through to the door, overwhelmed by malaise. I placed my hand on the wall to support myself and found myself falling. The source fell out of my hand and everything around me went dark.

"Lucy..." a voice called out. I turned my head in the direction of the sound. Amongst the pitch black, the only source of light was a ghost. I looked closer at the figure and my breath caught in my throat. Mary. It was my sister Mary. I would recognise that ugly blue cardigan anywhere

"Mary? What just happened?" But she wasn't talking to me. Her head was turned away, speaking to thin air. She was in distress, I could tell by the way she shook her hands urgently She cried out as a hand appeared out of the darkness and wrapped around her throat.

"Mary!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The dream faded and I became aware of someone saying my name. My eyes opened to find Lockwood over me, shaking my shoulders

"Lockwood? What happened?" I asked him

"You passed out on the floor. After the ghost disappeared, you didn't come out of the room so I came inside to find you knocked out" He explained. It was then that I remembered what I had seen. I sat up and hugged Lockwood. Surprised for a moment, he hugged me back.

"You okay, luce?" I just witnessed my sister's death. What do you think?

"Yeah. Yeah, I think I'm okay. Just a bit woozy, I guess." 

I know I know its not very Locklyle. But there will be a part 2 coming soon. If yall comment and vote only. Jk jk im gonna post a part 2 anyway but please do comment guys, they make me feel a lot better. I'm in a bad place rn and your comments really help