Chapter 3: Until we meet again?!

Alright people. here it is. KodiBarry I hope you love this chapter because I thought of you while I wrote it. :)

 Come on everybody! tell me what you think. I am hoping that I will upload again in a few days but I am not for sure about that, since my "Easter Break" is going to be really busy. Oh ya!! and I got my laptop fixed! I know a friend of mine was completely excited. You know who you are. ;)

Rae suddenly got a very confused look on her face, “Kale…”

“What is it?” Kale said as he put the spear that he had been looking at down. “What’s wr- dad?!”

On the computer screen it had a video beginning… of Kale’s dad and Rae’s dad. A computerized voice came on. “In order to listen to this video, you must have a voice recognition done.” A beep went off.

Rae gasped and quickly said her name. “Rachel Drakes.”

When Kale was silent, Rae nudged him with her elbow. “What? Oh, right. Kale Johnston.”

Rae and Kale didn’t move as the screen showed the scan going on, their voices being showed as lines going up and down. Please work… Please work. They both thought silently.

The computerized voice came back on. “Voice is a match. Here is the message.”

The fathers’ came back on screen. Rae’s dad started and both Rae and Kale stopped breathing. “Hey sweetie, it’s dad. I know that you probably don’t remember me much and I am sorry about that, and I swear I am going to make it up however I can. To both you and your mother.”

Kale swallowed as his father came closer and began talking. “Kale, I am so sorry that I had to leave you and your mother so soon, and just like James said, I will make it up to you however possible. As you and Rachel have noticed this cabin is not as it seems from the outside. There are secrets here that nobody but James and myself know of. But no matter what, you may never tell either of your mothers. I’m sure you can understand why.”

James stepped forward again. “We have you warn you, there are going to be men that will come after you both, and will test you to your limits. You both have skills that you know and practice, but there are many more you have not yet discovered. This building will be fit for your every need, training, sleeping, food, a hideout, research… you name it. Just remember that you must never speak of this to anyone, and you must be extremely careful who you talk to.”

Matthew spoke again. “Kale I love you and I want you to protect your mother for me. Rachel you do the same. Help each other and watch each other’s backs. Train hard, and fight harder. Until we meet again…”

Kale couldn’t believe it when the video stopped and the screen cleared. “What? Until we meet again?!”

Rae swallowed before talking again. “I don’t know.” She paused. “The one thing I do know is that I am going to try out that shooting range. What about you?” Rae forced a smile, but Kale knew she was just as upset and archery was how she cooled off.

Scanning his eyes around the room, they landed on the corner with boxing gear. “I see a perfectly fine with the punching bags.” Rae nodded and turned towards the shooting range, and Kale walked over to the punching bags and looked for shorts and wraps.

After he had changed into a pair of basketball shorts that were a few sizes too big and wrapped his hands, Kale made a mental note to bring some of his own clothes. He started off easy just to warm up, but quickly worked his way up to punching like he was in a fight. Rae had grabbed a crossbow and was shooting the bolts at the targets.

It felt good to beat the punching bag. Fifteen minutes later Kale looked back at the shooting range, expecting to see Rae trying out another weapon, but was surprised when Rae wasn’t there. He looked around, “Rae? Rae, where are you?” Kale took the wraps off his hands and tossed them towards the punching bag. “Rae?”

“Kale, there is a door past the shooting range. I’m in there. You have to check this out, it is amazing!”

As Kale walked through the door he hadn’t noticed before, he was about to ask what could make this hideout even more amazing, but stopped when he saw the giant room. Room? No, not a room… an underground garage! The garage took up enough space for at least two football fields. But what was taking up all that space was what took Kale’s breath away.

The garage was occupied by vehicles of all different shapes and sizes. Dirt bikes, four-wheelers, sports cars, army trucks, jacked up tough looking trucks, semis… you name it. “Holy…” was all Kale managed to say.

“You’re not kidding Kale. But it gets better.” Rae said when she grabbed ahold of Kale’s arm and dragged him half way through the garage. When they stopped, Kale found himself staring at a helicopter, and an equaling stunning, black as night, jet

Kale swallowed and started laughing, “and we thought this place was cool when we thought it was just an old cabin in the woods!”

Rae began laughing as well. “Who would have tho-”

Their laughing was cut off by a femine voice. “Welcome back agents.”

Kale and Rae stiffened, then dropped down, bodies tense. Rae mouthed “Agents?”

Kale answered by shrugging and mouthing back. “who could have gotten in here?”