Chapter 3!

Chapter 3

"A masquerade?" Jenny questioned, "I like it!"

A smile bloomed over my face. I knew she would like it, Jenny was the type to throw one of those extravagant parties. She couldn't throw this opportunity away. I glanced at my watch to see that school started five minutes ago.

"Wait! Freya!" Jenny called just as I was about to walk out the front door. I sighed in annoyance, all I wanted was to get out of the house.

"Yes?" I asked impatiently.

"How about we go shopping this weekend, hmm? Just the two of us! We could find you and me extravagant ball gowns!" Jenny squealed in excitement.

"Sorry, Jenny. I have a ton of studying to do, and I also promised Charlie that I'd go out with her."Jenny frowned and in result, I groaned. Now she was going to make me make up for it.

"Okay, fine. Go off to school. I just hope you know that you're helping me plan the party. And I expect the surrounding packs to get a proper greeting when they arrive."

"Okay, okay. Fair enough," I huffed and walked out the door, regretting not bringing a jacket. It was well into December and needless to say that it was beyond cold. I quickly made my way to my car, a present for my sixteenth birthday. I don't know all those technical stuff about cars. All I can say is that it's my baby and I can always rely on it. 

As I pulled up to the school, I realized that it was Monday. My heart skipped a beat with excitement. I had what some may call an extra curricula activity. Every Monday, Eric's Dad tutored the both of us in witchcraft.

I grabbed my bag and rummaged through it, finding a book that Eric lent me. John― Eric's dad― instructed me to read it before this lesson. And it's not like I forgot to, and now I was just reading as much as I could. That's not the case. I read it so many time that I could recite the entire thing backwards. I was supposed to give this back to Eric long ago, but hey! I never return my library books on time so why try now? A tap on my window pulled me from my thoughts and I looked over to see Charlie and Eric standing bedside my car. I grabbed my things and opened the door.

"You finally brought my book back!" Eric exclaimed happily. Only this kid would get excited over the return of a textbook. Chuckling at my own thoughts, I handed it to Eric.

"So, did you talk to Jenny about the party?" Charlie asked.

I nodded, "She approves."

"Of?" Eric inquired.

"A masquerade for Freya's birthday," Charlie replied. Eric grimaced,

"Like with masks and shit?"

I laughed, "Yes, Eric. With masks."

"Can I sit out for this one?"

"No! If I have to go, then you do too," I told him firmly. There was no way that one of my best friends was missing out on my birthday and leaving me with the tormentors. Eric huffed in annoyance.

****

"Freya! How are you, sweetheart?" John greeted me with a wide smile.

"Fine, and you?"

"I'm doing well. Come on in, it's too cold outside," John told us, gesturing for us to come in. I walk in to the large Victorian house, Eric following after me. I used to spend all of my free time here, so I knew the witches territory like the back of my hand.

"So, Charlie, how is your pack? Are they giving you a tough time?" John inquired. I told John of my mistreatment back when my parents just died. That was when the bullying started. I shrugged in response, not knowing how to answer him.

John sighed, "Alright. Why don't we start?" Our lessons were normally done in the library, although this time we were in the backyard.

"Why are we doing this outside?" I asked as I zipped up the jacket that Eric lent me.

"You'll see," John said with a large grin. I shivered and crossed my arms.

"Um, I have to do something really quick," Eric said, peering down at his phone with a frown.

"Hurry," John said.

***Dylan's Perspective***

THE NIGHT BEFORE

"God, what is wrong with you? You disregarded that poor girl like she was nothing and then you just let her walk home in the middle of the night. Its cold out, and who knows what type of creeps are lurking about!" She was fuming. Red from anger, and I knew that I should say something to insult her. Put her down like I always have. But I couldn't. She's never stood up before, and I wasn't sure how to act.

"She's a werewolf, she'll be fine," I said with a fake yawn. I didn't have the energy to fight back. And to be honest, I didn't have it in me to hurt her this late. Pretending to be uninterested seemed to be the best way to go. Freya turned and went up the stairs. Not once did my eyes leave her retreating back. I turned back to the front door and put on my sneakers. Opening the door as quietly as I could, I walked out into the cold night and to my car. Lucy or Lilly or whatever her name was just down the street and I easily caught up to her. I rolled down the window and told her to get in the car. She stood there, shocked. Nevertheless, she got in.

"Where do you live?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the road. She gave me her address and I headed onto the main road.'Why am I doing this?' I asked myself.

'Because she wants you to,' my wolf answered, 'Because your mate wants you to.'

**Monday**

The finding of a soul mate is something rare. It should be treasured and appreciated. A mate is meant to be treated with unconditional love. And I do love Freya, to some extent. The way I treat her is solely based on love.

It started when I was a child, and I couldn't control my anger back then. My first shifting was coming up and any emotions I had were heightened. A particular emotion was anger. Anger that he did not survive the attack, that an innocent's life was taken for no good reason. I claimed that I was angry because Freya survived the attack and not him. But it was bullshit. I was furious because life wasn't fair, and I directed it at Freya. 

It took me a while to get over it, but by then it was too late. When I found out that she was my mate, I thought that it would be best to hide it from her. She would never accept me as hers after I treated her the way I did. If I stopped bullying her then suspicion would arise. I refused to let that happen. I refused to live the day that Freya would reject me. But the inevitable was coming, and I had no idea how I could prepare myself for it. That's why I was on my way to see Eric, the fucking witch.

***

Heyyyyy guys,

Hope you enjoyed. Now that I'm finished with school, I will (hopefully ) continue writing.