Chapter 7

"Melody, are you ready to go?"

You gasp and Steve steps away quickly, you straighten your hair out just as your dad walks in with a smile on his face.

"Hey honey. You ready?" he asks.

"I'm just finishing my coffee" you smile back.

"I'll meet you in the car then. Steve your mom was looking for you" he pats Steve's shoulder as he passes.

"Thanks Edward" Steve hasn't taken his eyes off you.

You both stand, staring hard. His lips are swollen and his eyes hungry. He takes a step towards you but you hold your hand up, making him pause in place.

"Don't. We.. I need to go. We need distance Steve. I can't think about any of this when you keep clouding my mind" you tell him honestly.

"Okay baby, whatever you need" he smiles and takes the hand you hold out, kissing your knuckles gently.

"You'd better get going before your dad comes back" you nod and head for the door, you yelp when you feel him slap your ass as you pass.

"Sorry, couldn't resist with you in those pants" he grins and grabs his coffee cup.

Well Holy hell. He knew what he was doing, you'd give him that. You were burning for him now, your need throbbing deeply in your core. You shake your head and run out the front door, jumping in your dads car.

"So bowling and ice cream?" he asks and you laugh.

"Definitely" he pulls away and you can't help looking back at the house as you leave it behind.

                                 ***

Steve mopes about while your gone, Nat went of into town and Bucky was trying it on with Casey by the pool. He could hear them laughing as he lays on his bed. He hadn't heard you laugh in a long time. He needed to change that, he loved it when you smiled. Your cheeks glowed and your eyes lit up. He rolls onto his stomach and plays with his phone, scrolling through random crap to keep his mind busy. He didn't know how long you and your dad would be, but he was already craving to have you back near him.

He hoped you would come around to him, you wanted him. Or at least part of you did, the other part was holding you back. Your mistrust of him obviously ran deep, and he understood that. He needed a way to help build it back up, and jumping on you every chance he got wasn't the way to do it. He re-reads his phone, eyes brightening up. He follows the site to what he's looking for and immediately orders. One hundred and fifty bucks was a lot but it would be worth it.

He smiles, it was a start at least. For the rest of the afternoon he reads his phone, looking up special things to order. He was doing it that long he fell asleep, only waking when his phone beeps in his hand. Checking the time, it was now nearly one o'clock in the morning. He had slept the whole day away waiting for you. And now he would be awake all night. Crawling from his bed and stretching his aching knee out. Sleeping on his stomach had mean his bad knee had been at an odd angle. And now he would need pain killers.

He heads downstairs to the kitchen, leaving it dark so his eyes wouldn't blur from the light. He grabs some pills from the cupboard and turns for the sink, stopping in place at the sight of you leaning against the counter.

"Hey, did you just wake up?" you ask and he nods.

"Yeah, I never meant to fall asleep. I was waiting for you and must have dozed off" he take his pills and washes out the glass.

"You were waiting for me? Why?" you frown.

"Because I wanted to be around you" he smiles sweetly.

"Oh" you flush.