Chapter XXV: Where Is He Taking Her?!

It happened too fast. Mando barely knew what to do. He had just sat down and turned on the ship when Nylah yelled for him. Now he was standing in the doorway of the Crest watching her disappear into the distance.

Why did she want him to leave her? What was she thinking? Of course he couldn't leave her. They were a team. Did she know that?

Mando raced back up the ladder to the helm of the ship and immediately started for take off. His landing gear closed away and he was in the air at record speed. He started in the direction she was taken only to find a ship taking off as well. He couldn't shoot at the ship. He couldn't forcibly board the ship. He could only follow it but as soon as it jumped into hyperspace, it was a lost cause.

He followed the ship out of the atmosphere of the mountain planet but Mando immediately realized the ship was about to jump.

"No," he let out in a breath as he watched the ship disappear into space.

Leave me! The echo of her words bounced in his mind. Mando, keep going! Leave me!

Why would she say that?

-----------------------

As soon as she was brought onto the ship, she was put into a room. Rossgom hadn't said a word to her as he connected the cuffs on her wrists to a chain. He tugged on the chain, making her arms jerk awkwardly behind her.

She assumed it was just the two of them on the ship now. The other guy left at some point. Nylah was surprised to see Rossgom didn't kill him, seeing as he normally worked alone. Rossgom leaned toward her and took out her hearers from each ear.

"Oh fuck you, man!" She yelled. If he said anything back, she didn't hear it. He closed the door behind him, leaving her alone in the dark room.

She could barely remember why that stupid bounty was put on her in the first place. Something about killing the wrong guy? Karga had this whole long speech about it before mentioning the new bounty after her. Karga was always kind of a sleaze, she thought. He did help them in the end so she had to give him credit where it was due.

She could tell the ship was being lifted into the air. The vibration under her feet gave that away. It was a small ship, slightly larger than the Crest. It had rooms, unlike the Crest that had two floors, where it was mostly open space.

A few moments later, Rossgom came back. From the movements of his mouth, she could tell he was saying something.

"I can't hear you, dumbass!" She yelled at him.

Rossgom rolled his eyes and placed her hearers in. A slight high pitched ring sounded in her ears for a moment before dying down and being replaced by the low hum of the ship.

"I said that mando friend of yours didn't seem like much of a fighter."

"I guess you could consider him more of a lover," She gave Rossgom a smirk as he once again rolled his eyes.

"I hope he has more bravado when he tries to come and get you."

Nylah forced a laugh, "Yeah, he's not coming back for me."

Rossgom's head turned slightly to the side, "Why do you say that?"

"He's been trying to get rid of me for weeks now. The only reason he hasn't turned me in himself is because-"

"Ah yes, the kid. I had heard about that. I didn't know motherhood was in the cards for you."

Nylah paused for a moment, "What did you just say?"

"Oh please. Everyone in the bounty hunting game has heard of him. Seen a few pics too. He's cute! I wonder if there's still a price for him somewhere."

He was trying to get under her skin, which unfortunately, was working. Change the subject, she told herself.