Chapter sixteen

Everywhere I go I keep her picture in my wallet like this. Take a look at my girlfriend, she's the only one I got. Not much of a girlfriend. I never seem to get a lot.

(Oliver's pov)

"MATE, oh there you are."

I was in Australia celebrating a birthday with Jack. He had invited me since I probably didn't have anything better to do, in his opinion.

I was on the phone with Sof, like every once in a while. Although I wish it could be more often. I called every chance I got. In the car, in the cool down room, in the ice bath, drivers room, and ofcourse at home.

It had been a few weeks since we saw each other last time.

"See you soon beautiful I have to go now" Sofia looked very shocked to hear the words. I hung up before another topic would start.

Australia was really hot. I'm used to the rainy and windy England. But Australia is always like a new world.

Jack was waiting for me with a little surprise. We were supposed to go in the hot tub, but we went to something really opposite. Instead of a hot tub I saw a big tub of ice and cold water.

"Jack, that's not a hot tub. What are you doing?" Jack was standing in front of me and smiled weirdly. He walked over to me slowly.

"Jaaaack, stop"

He smiled even more. I knew what he was trying to do.

"C'mon mate you like the cold."

Jack lifted me up and threw me into the cold water. I could feel the cold shivers running down my whole body. Every inch of me was freezing.

Jack stood there laughing at me. Apparently I had made a weird face. Kinda liḱe if I was eating a lemon.

I walked out of there and put a towel around myself. It wasn't helping that much, but it was better than nothing.

...

The clock was ticking. It was nearly 3 am but I couldn't fall asleep. I had thought about Sofia and the vacation. I didn't text her the details yet nor anything else. My dad had planned the whole thing and I didn't even ask him yet if I could even take anyone with me. Fortunately he hadn't booked a plane ticket yet. So everything was possible.

I checked online to see what time it was back in England. It was 4pm and my dad had probably just got home from work. I took my phone off the charger and walked outside on the terrace.

"Dream is a magic number..." the typical ringtone my dad had on his phone started playing. I knew the whole song in and out, somehow.

It was ringing for quite awhile, before my dad picked it up.

"Hey Ollie, how are you son?" My dad sounded a bit busy.

He had that type of voice that you could tell anything on. He could be cooking and I would know that he's cooking.

"I'm doing pretty well, thanks. But I'm calling to ask you something"

"Sure, anything"

"Well, I've met this girl. She's beautiful. Her brown hair always falls perfectly. And her smile? It can light up the darkest of alleyways. And well I wanted to ask if she could come with us to the vacation? I think you would like her. And well, I want you to meet her."

The silence took over at the other side of the line. I could only hear him breathe heavily. That worried me a bit. I tried not thinking about it too much.

"I would have to talk to your mother before i say anything, but I'll consider it"

Those words didn't mean anything. I had no idea if it was going to be a yes or no.

"Can you call me back when you find out? It's really important for me"

I said hoping to make him think about it even more.

"I'll call you back after I have talked to her, sounds good?"

"Yes, and thanks pops. I'll be back in England next week so see you there. Love you"

"Love you too son, and see you soon"

My dad was normally pretty calm unless something happened. I could hear it on him. After the talk with him I was wondering what could happened.

I went back into my bedroom and tried falling asleep. Still with no success. I took up my phone and seeing the picture of Sofia behind my phone case calmed me down enough to make me fall asleep straight ahead.