2 // Icecream and Struggles ⚔️

Madeleine:

I watch as the merman dive into the water and swim off. I turn around and see my little sister staring, "was that a.."

I freeze, "Don't. Say. Anything. And we can go get Ice cream!"

As soon as if that was the lottery, my sister nodded, "Okay! Ice cream now?"

"Might as well!" I smile and chuckle as we walk up the path, "First we should go home, I'm soaked!"

"Okay!" My sister smiled, "Can I hang out with rye?!"

I nod, "go ahead, I'll meet you at her house or wherever you guys are!"

My sister runs off and I sigh as I head to the castle, soaked in water. Clotted waves at me till his father forces him to look forward. It wasn't a good father and son relationship.. my father died at sea, supposedly eaten by mermaids, so I got adopted with my sister to the Creme family.

I headed to my room and get dressed in city clothes as I finish putting on cargo pants and a tshirt, I stare at myself in the mirror. I was skinny, I haven't been eating a lot. I sigh and just ignore it, grabbing a bag and leaving my room to be stopped by the king, or clotteds father, or my "father".

"Where's your necklace?" He said sternly

"Why..?" I tilt my head and stare at him, "Why do you need it?"

"We could have sol- used it!" The king quickly changed his tone.

I freeze, "Well I fell overboard and nows its lost at sea so good luck selling it now!"

He scoffs and pushes me out, "Find somewhere else to stay tonight."

"What?!" I yell, "y-you can't do that!"

The king yells back and pushes me out of the castle and slams the door on me. I groan and just head to ryes house.

I walk down and knocked on her door, "Madeleine!" My sister opened it and hugged me.

"Heyyy!!" I chuckle before looking at Rye, "do you think we could stay here tonight?"

Rye shook her head, "no sadly not, my family is coming into town and yall can't stay here.."

I nod, "okay that's fine... thanks for watching her! Come on let's go get ice cream." I smile down at my sister as we walk down the street to the ice cream shop.

My sister tells the person her favorite ice cream and then I pay and we head to herbs plant shop.

"Hey Madeleine!" Herb smiles and waves at me, "what can I do for you today?"

"Do you think we can stay here for tonight?" I ask.

"I mean that'll be okay! Yeah, you guys can stay in the quest room, it's upstairs! Let me know if you need anything!" Herb smiles and points the the door that leads upstairs.

"Thanks!" I smile and lead my sister upstairs.

"Madeleine.. why does father hate us..?" She asks as she sat on the small twin bed.

"I.. I don't know.." I look outside and to the ocean.