Money in the Bank Fallout

Raw June 15, 2015

I am backstage, I am happy to have my title, but I am heartbroken because I had to betray my flesh and blood. As I am walking down the hall, I notice many dirty looks.

I see Roman in the corner of my eye and walk up to him.

"Have you heard from my brother?" I ask. He laughs and rolls his eyes at me.

"No, my brother hasn't talked to anyone since you screwed him over last night." I scoffs before walking away.

I am walking with my head down. Great, everyone hates me now. I feel a hand rest on my shoulder.

I look and see Kevin. I hold his hand and turn so that I am facing him.

"Are you here to rip me a new one?" I question. He shakes his head.

"No, I came here to see how you were feeling." He explains. I laugh.

"I feel pretty shitty." I admit. He smiles and gives me a hug.

"Listen, you did what you thought was best. Now, explain to me why you did it." He prompts. I take a deep breath.

"Because, I figured that he still has a long career ahead of him. He still has plenty of time to become champion. He couldn't do that if he was fired." I reply. He nods.

"Exactly, I think your logic is sound. So fuck what the rest of the world thinks. Just know that you were right." He encourages. I smile and nod.

"Yeah, I guess I just want these people to like me." I whine. He laughs.

"I honestly don't care if people like me or not. But I know that you do, so why don't you explain yourself." He suggests. I shake my head.

"That sounds like a great idea, but I'm pretty sure part of the deal is that I don't say anything." I respond. He shrugs.

"Then I can't help you. Good luck, I need to worry about my own stuff. Sorry I couldn't help." He says before walking off.

"Thanks for trying to help." I call out. He turns back and smiles at me before walking off. Jamie walks up to me hesitantly. "What do you want?" I question. He frowns.

"They want you doing a segment after Seth's promo." He explains. I sigh and just nod. He runs off to Joey. I hear footsteps walking up to me. I turn and see Cesaro behind me. I scoff.

"What?" I snap. He backs away.

"I just wanted to say that I have been in a position where I had to do something that hurt my friend. It isn't fun, but I got through it because I knew that I was helping them long term." He replies. I smile.

"You saw what happened last night?" I ask. He nods.

"And I overheard the conversation you had with Hunter last week. I tried explaining it to Dean last night, but he didn't want to talk to anybody." He finishes. I look at him hopefully.

"I can't say anything, but do you think you can tell Jon why I did what I did?" I plead. He contemplates for a bit, before nodding.

"I'll tell him, but I can't get him to understand or agree with it." He offers. I nod and give him a small hug.

"Thanks Cesaro, I owe you. Not to mention you never told anyone about the whole thing with me and Sheamus." I thank him. He shrugs.

"Don't mention it." He says before leaving. A producer runs up to me.

"Seth just finished his segment, you're up." She squeaks. I sigh and go to the gorilla. My music starts and I came out on the ramp. I am met with a barrage of boos. The monitor shows my win and my betrayal from Money in the Bank. I raise the microphone to my lips. I am interrupted by the audience.